Range Rovers Forum banner

VelocityAP ECU Tuning for Range Rover Sport

9K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Stuart@VelocityAP 
#1 ·
Hello All,

We have just joined the forum as sponsors and look forward to building a great reputation here for our products & customer service. VelocityAP has been around since 2007, gaining a foothold in the Aston Martin world (we are an OEM supplier to Aston Martin Racing) and branching out into Jaguar, McLaren & many more.

We are also sponsors of one of the sister boards to rangerovers.net and have a couple of threads running on our tuning for the FType & XE here:
VelocityAP Jaguar F-Type ECU Tuning, V6, V6S, V8S, V8R
http://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xe-x760-85/velocityap-jaguar-xe-x760-ecu-tuning-3-0l-v6-sc-2-0l-petrol-gasoline-turbo-2-0l-t-175327/

If you have a quick browse of the F-Type thread you'll see that we have some great software developed for the 3.0L Supercharged V6 and V8 already. The net results are:
3.0L ECU Tuning: 340-420+BHP
3.0L ECU Tuning + Supercharger Overdrive Pulley: 340BHP-453BHP

5.0L ECU Tuning: 495/550BHP - 605BHP
5.0L ECU Tuning + Supercharger Overdrive Pulley: 495/550BHP - 630BHP

These gains are directly transferable to the Range Rovers, sharing the same engine platform. We have already done lots of Range Rover Tuning, including the new SVR's.

How is the software installed?
VelocityAP sends you a VTech hand-held touch screen programmer, which is included with the cost of the tune. This programmer pairs to the vehicle and allows you to read the OEM file, email to us for modification, and flash the MOD file back onto the car.

Who writes the files and what support is provided?
Our dedicated, in-house software engineer is an Aston Martin + Jaguar/Land Rover factory trained technician. Each file is individually written to the customer's specification and can to some degree be customized to suit individual preferences. Our sales team & software engineer provide phone & web support and go to great lengths to make sure they are available to answer questions and provide assistance where required.

Can I switch back to the original file?
Yes, the VTech ALWAYS stores your original file + up to 5 modified files. So you can use the device to switch between original & modified files at any time.

In addition to more BHP and torque, what other things can be changed?
- RPM Limit Adjustment
- Auto Stop/Start Deactivation
- Sport Cat Integration
- Throttle Sensitivity
- Speed Limiter Adjustment

See less See more
#4 ·
#5 ·
Hello, I have a 2018 V6. On the website Im seeing that 2017MY+ you dont receive a handheld tuner and have to go to a shop with certain equipment to load the tune. Could you confirm the process on this please?The ability to return to the stock tune on demand is really valuable for me while I have a factory warranty. Thanks for the help.

#6 ·
You either need to go to a shop that has this equipment, or we provide you with a loaner tool which you can use to flash the car. A local shop would be preferable as you will be able to go back to stock more easily.

Max RPM in Bremerton is a dealer for our products. They don't currently have a CMD Flash loaner tool but they might be talked into purchasing one if you're ready to go?

#9 ·
Hi Jeff,

Any time you modify a vehicle under warranty, you'll be risking some loss of warranty. If your window regulator fails, I doubt you would have any issues getting it repaired. However, if you have an engine or drivetrain issue it is definitely a grey area.

#12 ·
Hello, I just recently had this tune installed on my RRS SC. Does this tune decrease towing capacity? The question came up in a thread about the L494 Supercharged vs SVR, in that the SVR with greater horsepower (but same motor) has a reduced towing capability. I had asked our dealer about the difference, and he said it was due to the SVR suspension and faster shifting transmission. Another member suggested it is due to removing the modified power curve and removing the delay on acceleration (assuming it is some kind of protection for transmission bushings).

Any insight into this would be appreciated. TIA

#13 ·
There are a number of factors influence towing capacity, including the vehicle weight, suspension, Load rating of Tires etc. If you're interested I would recommend researching SAE Standard J2807. I don't know the specific reason that the SVR has a lower rated towing capacity than the regular Sport, however I can't imagine why increasing your power & torque delivery would negatively affect your towing capacity.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.