**INFO** Dealership Feedback - Page 3
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: **INFO** Dealership Feedback

FRESHMAN ROVER
    4 Words..... Cerritos Land Rover Sucks.

I've been waiting 6 months for my spare key and my floor mats. Every time I make a call to Bill, the salesman, I get the same response:"I'll call you right back". Yes, this happens on a daily basis. I should just drive down there, but Bill isn't there on weekends, and during the week, I am just way too busy. It just sucks, I don't even have a spare key or some fricken floor mats. I'm raising hell tomorrow. Vartan, the GM will be hearing from me.
    1964 Cadillac El Do Convertible: Candy Green, 22s, Air Ride, etc...
    2005 Mercedes E55: 20" CV3, Carbon Goodies, Grey Wrap, etc...
    2004 Range Rover HSE 24" Black Vellano, Matte Silver Wrap

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Dallas LR - sucks

Took my RRS in for a service, picked it up the next day. 1/2 the obvious issues were ignored as could not be found.

Worse things is got the vehicle back - was not cleaned, which is not big deal. However a long scratch on the driver door. Service advisor made no apologies - said give him 1/2 hour will be buffed out. Issue was not buffing it out, issue is the car was scratched due to lack of care. On top of that they was a big circular mark on my hood where a soda can was left.

Bottom line - the SA did not give a rats ass, no apologies, just his stuck up attitude - I was in a hurry as I had no time to wait around for them the clean it. They would have done a crappy job cleaning it anyway.
    2006 RRS HSE |Java Black | DFW-TX

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Feedback on LR Encino CA

My first experience with LR service and this particular dealership.

About a month ago, my 06 RRS S/C showed a error msg "transmission fault tranction reduced". having owned other luxury brands, MB/BMW/Lexus, I knew this may be the sort of thing that may not be replicated if I decided to take the car to the dealer at a later time.

I immediately detoured towards the dealer as the encino stealership is only about 3miles from my home. Got to the dealer and my SA "George" was helpful, noted the problem, and scheduled an apt.

Forward to 2 weeks later, they claim to be that busy. Bring the car in on tues and George tells me they will need 2 days to fix the problem. not a problem, set me up with a loaner and i will be on my way. At this pt, he goes on to tell me about their "loaner" policy.

1) car must be bought at the encino dealer
    2) must be within original warranty period
    3) loaner available only to the original owner of the vehicle.

I played dumb as i had read about this bs on the forum and ranted that was the most f*cking lame policy in history. Its almost as if they didn't want your business as they make it such a pain in teh @ss to bring the car in.

Fine, i had them shuttle me home. come back the next day to pick up the car and guess what, the error light turns on again on my way home!!!

The next morning i bring it back and my service advisor says, if you can wait, lets see what the problem is and i will have the service guys rip the car apart the car now to find out the problem. At this pt Im pissed but remain patient/calm and i say fine. waiting is worth it, as i just want the f&cking thing fixed.

3hrs pass and they say they need some motor part and have ordered and will come in the next day.

I tell George i can come back, but the next day i can not leave the car as my wife will be out of town and i have to drive 2 kids around. i can come in the middle of the day but will need to wait on the car. he says fine.

bring the car back. wait 3.5 hrs and the car is ready. guess what, the error comes on again on the way home!!!!! at this point, i want to bring an AK into the service center and shoot everybody! i immediately call George on the cell phone and tell him. he says bring the car back next wed.

Fast forward to Wed. i bring the car in knowing and accepting the fact they will tell me they will keep it again for 2 more days. at this pt, i've pretty much been patient, calm, and understanding. My SA has been accomodating, apolegitic, and genuinely sympathetic. Its not his fault the monkeys in the back can't figure out whats wrong.

I ask to speak with the manager about the whole situation. George immediately tells the manager and he sees me and i see him. he brushes him off and at this point, runs around acting all busy for almost 30mins before finally talking to me.

I tell him the facts. problem after 4 days of being at the dealer is still not fixed. Today and tomorrow will make it 6 days. i've been told about the loaner policy but asked him if he would reconsider making an exception in my case. i think its only fair that i be compensated for time spent and loss and i tell him i dont care about getting a landrover, i just need to have transportation! he goes on about the corporate policy and claims no exceptions can be made and LR makes these rules. I immediately confront him about these lies as i have read here that other dealers .... SYMES will comp loaners...

He knows ive caught him in a lie and says there is nothing i can do.... I write down his name and tell him i will file my compliant with LR. goodbye

Needless to say, when i got home, i called LR north america and filed a formal compliant with their customer relations area detailing the experience and level of customer service I received.

Things i've learned:

1) Encino is the only dealer within the SF valley area. The next closest dealer is in thousand oaks and that is 25+ miles farther NW.

2) They have a monopoly in this area and quite frankly, believe they can get away with poor customer service

3) the facility is honestly too small to service the number of people in this area that drive LRs. Sitting in their POS office for 6+ hrs, overhearing that simple warranty fixes, oil changes, normal service takes 2 days. is f8cking ridiculous.

4) buying a luxury car should be a complete experience, from the initial sale to the overall length of ownership. I may have negative comments on the quality of BMW/MB but the customer service from those dealerships has been a complete godsend compared to my experience with LR.

5) if you are expecting good customer service from encino, you are going to be dissappointed. they will only kiss the @sses of celebrities that bring their cars in.

I will bring my RRS to Symes from now on even though pasadena is 20 miles in the opposite direction.
    2006 RRS S/C

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Land Rover Austin

I wanted to reiterate the positive experience I’ve had with Land Rover Austin. I arrived this morning just before 8:00 AM with a bad battery and no appointment. They said no problem replaced the battery and performed the 37K maintenance while I waited. I was back on the road by 10:00 AM same day. I can’t say enough about the quality of service I have received. It is actually better than the BMW of Austin service on my wife’s car.
    2006 Range Rover Sport

Quote Originally Posted by ratbrain
    I will bring my RRS to Symes from now on even though pasadena is 20 miles in the opposite direction.
    Just curious... did you buy from Symes? What is the reason Encino won't give you a loaner?

There's also Hornburg. Their service department is right off the Cahuenga exit on the 101. Probably just another 10 - 15 minute drive from the Encino dealership. I always get a loaner at Hornburg. (But I did buy there.)
    `07 Lotus Exige S - Ardent Red
    `06 Range Rover Supercharged - Java Black
    `06 Range Rover Sport HSE - Java Black
    `05 Lotus Elise - Ardent Red
    `97 Range Rover 4.6 HSE (Sold)

FRESHMAN ROVER
    fortunately, i did not buy from encino...
    2006 RRS S/C

FRESHMAN ROVER

Land Rover Encino

Land Rover Encino:

Salemen: David Petrosyan & Johnny Hovanian

I'd been dreaming of getting a RR sport HSE for about two years and I'd occasionally stop by LR Encino to gawk or test drive etc. They ALWAYS treated me with incredible respect, even after I made it clear that I couldn't afford one at the time. It was very atypical for me to be treated that way because almost all of my experience with luxury car dealers has ben bad. I'm young so they immediately write me off and when I'm not expressing immediate interest in purchasing their vehicle that day, I get pushed aside. David took the time, showed me around, told me whenever I was ready call him. He never pressured me once. It was a shocking surprise for me after hearing such horror stories about LR dealers etc. I had a terrible experience a year ago back at the LR in Maryland.

Anyway, about a month ago, I called David to tell him my lease was ending on my car and to just see what they had going. At the time he made me an EXCELLENT lease offer but it was still a little too steep. I called them back, told them what I was able to afford(which I knew they'd laugh me off the phone) and they somehow made it work. Had the exact car I wanted in stock(largest inventory in NA) and I was out within an hour.

The buying process itself couldn't have been better. They walked me through every step, showed me the car, features, etc etc and I walked out feeling like 10 million dollars. It's very rare that you'll get your dream car or achievement and have it be better than you hoped, LR Encino certainly helped with that. The Finance guy wasn't too aggressive and didn't try to sell me all kinds of overpriced garbage i didn't need. He clearly explained some benefits of their wear care and windshield protection, and after going back and forth for a few minutes he was able to throw it in for free!

Anyway, a month later all is great. I've had 2 minor issues with the car that needed super "quick fixes" and they took care of me 100% never had to leave the car, always got a free wash and never waited. Both David and Johnny have called numerous times to check up and make sure I'm cool and enjoying the car. I actually got the $1,500.00 off coupon 3 days AFTER I leased it and was pretty upset about not being able to use it, long story short, after going back and forth they've decided to cut me the check. It wasn't charity cash and it wasn't easy but at least they're doing the right thing. This to me along with the overall experience I've had with them has led me to have nothing but the highest regard for them. It was a pleasure giving my business to them and I hope anyone who reads this will do the same.

I will say this, I have YET to have any REAL service experiences so my conclusions are somewhat premature at this point. I'll keep everyone posted as to what happens.

FRESHMAN ROVER
    BigEvil,

im glad you had a positive experience at encino. maybe its the law of averages....

hopefully you never have any problems with your car and won't have to deal with the service department.
    2006 RRS S/C

FRESHMAN ROVER
    I actually am awaiting a replacement center storage box (mine doesn't latch shut) as we speak. They said they'll call when its in, I'll let you know if this experience proves to be as nice as the others, I'll share as soon as I know.

FRESHMAN ROVER
    2 Weeks later:
    Had to take my RRS in for service, had a number of issues.
    -Driver side door handle would stick
    -mirrors and seat memory seemed to be not working properly
    -center console box didn't latch shut
    -seatbelt chime didn't go off

I called, made an appointment which was two days later. Took my car in to a nice service advisor David who went through everything, took my number and offered me a ride home. I had a friend picking me up so it wasn't necessary. He called me a few hours later to let me know they'd be able to fix everything but they'd need the car overnight, he offered to pick me up and put me in a complimentary loaner but I didn't need it so I declined. Next morning, got a call(and an e-mail) saying Car is Ready come and get! I did, all free, fast, easy cake. Also they washed it very well, wiped down the tires, cleaned interior and solved every issue.

As much as I wanted to hate, LR Encino is EXCELLENT.

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Markel Land Rover of Omaha

Great service so far, quick parts department, and really easy to work with. Updates as other services follow (scheduled only, hopefully)....
    '08 Range Rover Sport Supercharged LE

Premium Member
    Fremont Motorcars

i just got the most surprising call from the service & parts director at fremont motorcars. and before i give you the juicy details, let me first say that i've never had anything bad to say about them. i purchased my vehicle from them, been treated very nicely to multiple wheels events and have posted my positive experiences on this and other forums.

well today, that's all gone to hell because i was just told to take my business elsewhere. yeah you read that right. i was told "you have other choices in the bay area...we don't want you here anymore." this stems from a 2nd less than all 5s follow up LRNA survey.

i think the first we dinged them because we had to call in multiple times to find out what's going on and didn't know until near end of day that they had to keep it overnight. they couldn't even give us an ETA. they kept RRS 3-4 days for a variety of issues.

this last one, the work was incomplete so i was very intentional in choosing select questions (like was all the work completed to your satisfaction?) to answer honestly. i had scheduled an appt that i later canceled, but hey i answered honestly. what do they expect?

so during this call just now, i was yelled at and accused of "slamming them in a survey" and "costing multiple people lots of money". i brought them "below the national average". i was told they've bent over backwards multiple times for me (that's very true) and "this is how you treat us". gotta love that. and just while i was saying i don't appreciate this call, i was told to take my business elsewhere. and it looks like i will be doing just that.

i know they're a club sponsor and all, but this is really low class.
    2006 Java Black Range Rover Sport HSE | 1995 Alpine White Defender 90 SW #317/500
    Northern CA Land Rover Club | Tread Lightly Tread Trainer

SOPHOMORE ROVER
    WOW thats unbelievable that they would do that. These dealerships really take those surveys seriously. At the BMW dealership I used to go they let a service mananger go because she was treating people badly when they didnt give the 5 stars on that survey. She would do stuff like deny them their loaner vehicle the next time they came in. Ridiculous. I hope you will be telling LRNA about this call from them. Good luck.

SOPHOMORE ROVER
    I think people who work at the LR dealerships get bonuses and the like based on the survey feedback, no stellar feedback, no bonus.

Certainly would really tick them off but honesty is always best.
    '07 Range Rover Sport HSE | Stornoway Grey | Ebony interior | Smoked Tails | Smoked Side markers | Rear Brush Guards | Mud Flaps | Running Boards | Dual Fog Lamps | Chrome Mirror Covers | SC Grille | Valentine One | Front Door Window 35% Tint | ACM IPhone kit | Roadhawk BB Camera |
    '14 Range Rover Autobiography | Black/Black/Black | Executive rear seating | Valentine One | Roadhawk BB Camera |

Sorry to hear that Phil, I was thinking of purchasing a car from them but was not impressed at all by the sales department. I know Marin's a bit far, but they've been very good to me (and you know what my RR goes through).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now