**INFO** Dealership Feedback - Page 2
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: **INFO** Dealership Feedback

FRESHMAN ROVER

LR Austin

I've just returned from my first visit to LR Austin. They performed the 30K maintenance, replaced some bulbs, replaced the DVD player and gave me a loaner. All of the work was completed by the next day. They did a great job and treated me nice even though I did not buy this RRS from them. 5 stars all the way. I will be happy to give them my business the next time I purchase a Land Rover.
    2006 Range Rover Sport

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Hornburg Jag/Land Rover Los Angeles

I picked up my 2006 RRS in August of last year at Hornburg in Beverly Hills/WeHo.

I buy cars every year - and it was one of the easiest transactions ever.

I was looking for a Java Black w/ Ivory interior RRS HSE. Hornburg was the only dealership in Southern California to have one in stock. (Even the top-selling Encino Land Rover didn't have one.)

I pulled into the dealership in my old Rover and was immediately met by Michael, my salesguy. I told him the options I wanted (Color, lux pack, sat radio etc...) and he immediately told me that he had ONE in stock.

We hopped into an LR3 and drove a half mile down the Sunset Strip into a hidden, underground parking lot 3 stories below the street. (No kidding!) There were literally a hundred Jags and another hundred Rovers in this "secret" underground parking garage that Hornburg uses to store cars. (Hornburg has a PRIME spot on the Sunset Strip on the border of Beverly Hills & West Hollywood, but the lot is too small to store all of their inventory.)

We found the Java Black/Ivory Rover, exited the "secret" underground garage - and drove back to the dealership on Sunset Blvd.

We did the typical negotiation over price, then haggled over the trade. I believe that I got a decent deal and was treated very well.

Within 2 hours, I had the new car and was satisfied by the entire transaction.

PROs

*You're treated like a valued client, and not just another "customer".
    *Beautiful Showroom and off road track.
    *HUGE inventory in the "Secret vault".

CONs

*Every celebrity in Hollywood has a Range Rover and all of them bought from Hornburg. Many pay sticker. Hornburg won't negotiate as low as other dealers because they don't have to. I was stuck, because they had the only Black/Ivory Rover in town and they knew I wanted it.

*Their loaner cars leave much to be desired. For a warranty repair, I was given some crappy minivan from Enterprise Rent-A-Car. (Hornburg contracts with Enterprise.)

Other than that, I have no complaints!
    `07 Lotus Exige S - Ardent Red
    `06 Range Rover Supercharged - Java Black
    `06 Range Rover Sport HSE - Java Black
    `05 Lotus Elise - Ardent Red
    `97 Range Rover 4.6 HSE (Sold)

JUNIOR ROVER
    Do you think they give Paris Hilton a mini-van for her service loaner on her Range Rover? Also, out of curiousity...what is the "Secret Vault" cause it sounds like only something they would have in La-La Land!

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

It's an underground garage below an office building on the Sunset Strip. (About a half mile from the dealership.) You'd never suspect that it was there. It's hidden below a non-descript, secured gate. You then drive 3 floors below to the hidden "vault" of cars.

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash G
    It's an underground garage below an office building on the Sunset Strip. (About a half mile from the dealership.) You'd never suspect that it was there. It's hidden below a non-descript, secured gate. You then drive 3 floors below to the hidden "vault" of cars.
    I always wondered where Hornburg kept all their cars. Their lot on Sunset is so small and I figured they wouldn’t just have a vacant parking lot somewhere in BH or WeHo since land value is so freaking high there.
    '08 Range Rover Sport HSE
    '09 E90 BMW M3

SOPHOMORE ROVER

Don't go to Land Rover Encino!!!

I live about midway between Symes LR in Pasadena and LR Encino. I was coming up on a regular service and thought I'd give Encino a try, since I kept hearing how they are the largest dealer in the country on their radio ads.

I went to their web site and posted a request for a service appointment on their web form. Heard nothing for several days. So I called them. Was told that they'd get back to me within 24 hours. Nothing for several more days. Called back asking the receptionist what was the deal on the non-responsiveness. Usual lame excuse about how they're busy .. blah blah...

Finally got a call back from "service" manager Angel Lopez, who gives me attitude about how come I didn't buy it from them but went instead to Thousand Oaks. So I honestly said, "I visited you several times, but you didn't have the model and color I wanted, so I went to the dealer that did have it, and I was told that I could service it anywhere." He says he can take me, but that he won't reimburse for a loaner car. I ask why, and he says that it is not his fault, and that "Land Rover North America only reimburses us for loaner cars on service of cars purchased at this dealership." He also points out that they upgrade this to an LR3 for their customers, and that this is a significant perk.

So I say that I serviced my RRS at Symes before and they gave me a basic Enterprise loaner. He says that they also have Enterprise there, but that again it is LRNA's policy, not his, to reimburse basic loaners only for those vehicles purchased there. I say I can't believe that, and that I'll get back to him.

So I call LRNA, and their customer relations department tells me that Angel Lopez at LR Encino is not exactly accurate. It is not LRNA that reimburses the dealers for loaner cars, but it is the roadside assitance program that handles that. Picky picky... Anyway, LRNA leaves loaner car reimbursement to the customer entirely up to the individual dealers. They set their own policies. But that if LR Encino wanted to reimburse me for a loaner, they would in turn be reimbursed by the roadside assitance program.

So in conclusion, Angel Lopez at LR Encino either 1) lied, or 2) didn't understand the policy. I'll be charitable and hope that #2 was the case. Either way, LR Encino is a major pain in the neck. They were totally non-responsive until I nearly hunted them down. And even then, the experience was very rude and off putting. Even though they will get reimbursed for the loaner, they will still not reimburse me.

Hopefully LRNA will take more responsibility for the quality control of its customer service. As a former owner of several Lexus vehicles, perhaps I just got spoiled by things that seemed like the basics.

When I was looking for my RRS, the salesguy from Encino Rover was cool until I told him that Hornburg had the car I was looking for and I'd buy from Encino if they could get it to me for a lower price. (Their radio ads say that they won't be undersold.) He said he'd get right on it. I never heard back from him and that's why I bought from Hornburg.

On a side note: I also called Land Rover of Ventura, which had only been in business for about a year. I told them that if they'd had a Black RRS with Ivory interior, I would buy it the next day. The sales manager told me that he'd do anything to find the car and win my business and that he'd call me within a few hours whether he'd found the car or not . Needless to say, I never got a call back from him.

SOPHOMORE ROVER

Don't go to Land Rover Encino!!! **UPDATE**

After a few more calls with LRNA, apparently my concerns made their way back to LR Encino. I got a call back from Angel Lopez asking if I still wanted to service my vehicle with him. I told him, "not unless you've changed your policy since the last time we talked." I then told him what LRNA had told me (above). I also told him that I thought it was odd that the "largest dealer in N. America" would choose not to reimburse its service customers. He said that he didn't understand the policy to be that way (confirming #2 above at least), and that he would have his manager call me back.

Later that day, the manager did call me back. She said that LRNA had not given me "complete information". According to her, each dealer receives "credits" from LRNA for loaner cars based on the # of sales from their dealership. So they can reimburse others if they want to, but if every one of the people who bought from them also services through them, then they will run out of credits from LRNA. She said they used to reimburse everyone, but that the bill was just too high, so they stopped doing that.

She also said that she thinks the policy is wrong, and that this is the only dealership she has ever worked for that has a policy like this Even the American car makers let the service follow the VIN number wherever the customer goes, and they offer free loaners. She said it took a long time and most of the dealerships ganging up on Land Rover just to get them to come this far. “That’s the British for you,” I believe was her exact quote.

I told her I still found it off putting that the "largest dealer in the US" wouldn't have as its own policy to provide better service to its customers. Of all the dealers, they should be able to afford it you would think.

And this still is no excuse for the total non-responsiveness and rudeness, and the lack of anyone apparently monitoring the web site. If the web site had said "call this number for service", that would have been fine. But if you're going to have a web form for people to fill out requesting service appointments, then someone needs to pay attention to it. It shouldn't take 2 weeks and a full APB manhunt just to get a call back.

So in summary, the subject line of this post still stands, as far as I'm concerned. Symes in Pasadena has won my business for their quick responsiveness and free loaner cars, even though I didn't buy mine from them. And when it comes time to buy a new car, they will definitely get preference.

JUNIOR ROVER
    Sorry Boaz but the policy works. Its called dealership loyalty. Do you know how many lincoln guys that wish we had that policy. The only thing the manager probably didnt like was the fact that all the credits given the to them wouldnt help all of their customers that bought from them. Thats understandable. it sucs when rover says no to some things but thats what it gives out. But if you dont like our prices at the dealership then oh well. Its called rewarding customer loyalty. It keeps us in business. How do you think dealers along the border feel about customers that go to canada for a cheaper car due to dollar being lower. The dealer that sells that truck for pennies on the dollar can do it by selling everyone else up the river and making money on the sales dept instead of both sales and service. when you lose sales to dealers that undercut everyone its nice to know the customer that travels the distance to go there doesnt get a rental. Remember if you by from them and travel the distance you can always go back to them. Do you think you will get the servicing dealer to take your car back in for a lemon if you didnt buy it from them. Not likely. Its the seling dealer that you have to go back to.

Just ask our resident salesmen here on the boards. They will gladly tell you the policy. Its their livelihood as well.

Trust me salesmen love giving the wonderful news to a customer that bought somewhere else and saved a few bucks that they arent getting a rental. Its the look of shock and disgust that makes their day and the bill for a rental at the end of the day.

by the way the only way we happiliy pay for a rental is if your on a trip and within a certain mileage from your destination and your truck breaks down. We happily give you a rental and in fact even reunite you with the vehicle if we have to. We have on several occasions shipped RR a few hundred miles back to their happy owners after puttin a diff in and gettin the rental back at the same time.
    I left my wife for fishing and haven't looked back since.

SOPHOMORE ROVER
    Well that just confirms everything I said about hoping that Land Rover takes some responsibility at a corporate level for the quality control of its customer service. It hasn't hurt Lexus any, that's for sure... It shouldn't hurt the local dealers either.

JUNIOR ROVER
    it does hurt the dealers its more stuff to suck up and work against their profits. trust me its whole nother world on the other side of the desk. The crap we put up with from LR and Jag. Ironically its more british management styles and not american management styles that cause the most stress. but those decisions give us jobs. So you take it with a grain of salt.

as crappy as ford may look in your eyes they were a vast improvement on land rover and jag.
    I left my wife for fishing and haven't looked back since.

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Land Rover of Manhattan, NYC

Sales department: Snobby salesmen with an atitude. Statements in the likes of: "If you want a Land Rover, you will pay MSRP and over MSRP if you really want it", "The color/option combo you want flies off the lot within days, we just sold one for $5K over MSRP", "Land Rover is an exclusive vehicle". Test drives must be scheduled a week in advance and when you show up for an appointment, they pretend they "Dont have you in the computer". After you fight with them, they suddently find you in the computer, but then they tell you the vehicle you came to test drive is "currently unvaillable".

Service department: Clueless technicians (took two attempts to install simple IPOD adapted and its still not working right). They overcharge you for parts and labor as well. The ENTIRE interior of the car was covered with thick layer of black dust when I picked it up from service. As a bonus, my sunglasses were stolen from the car while it was in their service department and they "never saw it".
    2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged

FRESHMAN ROVER

Excellent Dealer Service Experience

I bought my RRS from Smithtown LR in NY.

The dealer moved to Huntington and combined with Jaguar. I was upset about this because Huntington was much further from me.

Anyway my RRS told me to get service on the odometer so I called and asked for an appointment. I asked if today was possible and they said sure, bring it in!

When I arrived I was greeted at my car by the inspector and guided to the service desk. I nice young lady got me a loaner and said the car should be done today.

I received a loaner within 10 minutes and was on my way. Upon returned later in the day, the car was clean, all my service was done and I was very happy.

I was really surprised they took me on such short notice.
    2009 BMW e93 M3
    2007 Porsche 911 turbo

Tucson Royal Land Rover is the bomb digity Nothing but great service from them, the only thing they dont do is wipe my a$$.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: Excellent Dealer Service Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Periokid
    I bought my RRS from Smithtown LR in NY.

The dealer moved to Huntington and combined with Jaguar. I was upset about this because Huntington was much further from me.

Anyway my RRS told me to get service on the odometer so I called and asked for an appointment. I asked if today was possible and they said sure, bring it in!

When I arrived I was greeted at my car by the inspector and guided to the service desk. I nice young lady got me a loaner and said the car should be done today.

I received a loaner within 10 minutes and was on my way. Upon returned later in the day, the car was clean, all my service was done and I was very happy.

I was really surprised they took me on such short notice.
    Really glad to hear this. I'm likely going to get our 2008 RRS HSE from Land Rover of Huntington.
    2008 Range Rover Sport (PENDING)
    2004 Volkswagen Touareg (BEING REPLACED)
    2005 Audi allroad

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now