Help me choose....used full size vs new sport
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help me choose....used full size vs new sport

Help me choose....used full size vs new sport

I'm considering a 2008 full size hse lux package for about $45k, with 45k miles on it, or a new 2011 Sport hse lux package for $66k (sticker). Speaking of which how much off sticker is common on these...$5k?

I really love the full size, but hate the fact that it's almost 4 years old with 45k miles. I actually would love to get a 2011 full size, they are amazing...but am concerned about the depreciation on those. So with that note, can you give me opinions on which would depreciate the most within say 1 year (I don't keep cars long), and any thoughts on which car is preferred based upon year/mileage/depreciation etc?

My thoughts...
    The 2008 full size has a more luxurious (albeit somewhat dated) interior and more classy exterior. The 2011 sport however is newer inside, a little smaller and handles better on the roads. As for depreciation, and 15k miles added to either one, I'm guessing about $8k or so on either one? And if I got a 2011 full size hse, more like $15k?

Thanks,
    Shawn

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: Help me choose....used full size vs new sport

Hi Shawn

Can't comment specifically But I would go for the FF over the Sport. Think you would loose less that way. Me thinks that you will drop a lot more on a new car than S/H. In fact you may not loose at all on S/H if you buy right. When I was looking for my RR ( 05 TD6 HSE ) A number of dealers told me the a lot of the Sport owners were trading up to a real RR. Forget exact reason but along the lines of being disappointed with their Sports. As for 45,000 miles not far at all.

Regards Gary

SOPHOMORE ROVER

I leased my wife an 08 sport, and she loved it. But I'm 6ft 2", and did not feel as comfortable as I do in the full size.

Just one thing to consider.
    2005 RR HSE Alveston Red/Charcoal('06 wheels/badges)
    1999 RR 4.6 HSE Chawton White/Lightstone
    1998 RR 4.6 HSE Oxford Blue/Lightstone (project/sold, but learned alot from her)

If it has tits or tires, your gonna have problems with it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FOUNDING MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by verdeg
    ....2008 full size has a more luxurious (albeit somewhat dated) interior ....
    my 1995 STILL has a luxurious (although worn) interior, I can't see how an '08 could be considered dated. It sounds like you prefer new, but prefer the full-size (which happens to be used) and you're just trying to convince yourself to buy a used vehicle vs. a new one.

Spending that much money, go with what you WANT, not what you think will be more logical in the long run.

can't remember or find the exact quote, but:

being overly gentle to your car to maintain resale value is like not sleeping with your girlfriend in the hopes that her next man will find her more desirable.
    Buy what you want, and do with it what you will.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now