2020 Range Rover Sport - Ordering Window open date?
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2020 Range Rover Sport - Ordering Window open date?

2020 Range Rover Sport - Ordering Window open date?

Hi all. I see the 2020 Ordering Guide is out and am wondering if anyone has insight into when orders for a 2020 RRS can be placed. I was at the dealer on Saturday and apparently the window for the 2019.5 closed April 26th. This dealer has a shipment due mid June but that's it. My wife wants some specific features in the configuration so we will need to go custom order. The dealer was useless in terms of information on timing since they're trying to get us to settle for something in stock.

Also, this is my first RR purchase. I know concessions are not the norm, but has anyone had experience getting a concession off MSRP for a custom order? Literally any dealer will offer something for an order since it is pre-sold and doesn't need to be financed on the lot. Even my Porsche dealer gave 5% off a custom ordered Macan GTS.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: 2020 Range Rover Sport - Ordering Window open date?

Price is usually tight, but it depends on your area and the volume of sales. If a dealer knows he/she will sell all their vehicles at or near MSRP than their is no need to discount. Any special order is a vehicle that is no longer available for them to sell. It may make sense to you for them to discount seeing that it is a guaranteed sale but giving 2-5k off MSRP is not needed as far as they would be concerned. Remember when a vehicle is order and place in inventory they pay Interest payments every month they could let that vehicle sit on there lot for 6 months while paying the interest and then sell it at a discount of a 1k off and still be ahead of the game by at least 2k from selling it to you right off the bat at 5% off.

This is not to say that you cannot make a deal if approached correctly. Most of the dealerships money is not from sales but from service so if you appear to be someone who may be more apt to bring your vehicle in for regular service than perhaps they might be inclined to offer you a discount. Purchase of a high demand product at a discount is very tricky. Good Luck.
    2019 Range Rover Sport HSE Dynamic

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now