Drove an Escalade today...
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Drove an Escalade today...

Drove an Escalade today...

What utter garbage!

It is a 2017, and everything is deteriorating! The leather on the steering wheel had a rough coating from being worn down, and it felt like a 2500HD truck driving down the road, squeaks and rattles all included.

Pretty bad for 60k miles.
    I'm the guy that buys a chicken salad to only eat the chicken
    2017 Range Rover HSE
    2014 Range Rover Sport Dynamic

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Re: Drove an Escalade today...

I remember driving a 2015 Escalade when I was on a business trip in Chicago back in 2015 (when this new generation just came out). The vehicle felt huge and did look quite nice (albeit a little flashy) from the outside. The interior was pretty run-of-the-mill but I did find it fairly comfortable. Overall, the vehicle felt rather bloated in numerous aspects: interior design, exterior styling, and driving experience. It's big and it feels big. Everything about it is simply big.
    2010 RR SC
    2007 RR SC

The cadillac Escalade came out in 1999 and premiered at the Seattle Auto show until only and lasted, they skipped 2001 because of the complete redesign and retooling for 2002-2006. Third generation was 2007-2014 with hybrid options and lastly fourth generation, 2015 to present. Several obscure options like the EXT "Ute" with factory roll bar and hard surface "bed cover"was based on the Chevrolet Avalanch. The
    Last edited by RRToadHall; March 20th, 2019 at 07:30 PM.
    "The power of good is always stronger than the power of non-good.
    The power of light is stronger than the power of darkness,
    the power of knowledge is stronger than the power of ignorance."
    ~ Maharishi Mahesh Yogi~

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

I test drove a brand new top-of-the-line Premium Luxury black Escalade recently; as much as I truly wanted to like, I did not. It is essentially a grossly overpriced Tahoe. I am a huge fan of the 6.2 liter L86 V8: Direct Injection, Continuous Variable Valve Timing (CVVT), and Active Fuel Management (AFM) cylinder deactivation. Driving it was another story, great torque super-low in the rev range, felt flat mid-range and top-end; I really expected more. I expected a stiffer, still "Cadillac" ride, though the ride just felt stiff.

Interior Trim is nice at first glance, then you notice rough edges of faux wood panels, gaps, etc. Seat comfort was not on par with my 2011 L322 at all; hoping this was in some part due to the seats being "new" and firm, but it really hurt my back. I was happy to get back into my Range Rover at Access Height. The Escalade uses retractable running boards. Overall impressions: loved the exterior but would prefer more black trim, less silver/chrome, underwhelmed by interior, disappointed in ride quality and suspension. I really want to get into a Cadillac worthy of the name, hopefully it can happen in coming model years?
    2011 Range Rover HSE (Santorini Black, Jet Leather/Interior, Ivory Headlining)
    Charleston, South Carolina U.S.A.

I own a 2015i escalade platinum bought new in 2015 and its trouble free. the luxury is not the fully apportioned model with plush seating. it is the platinum to go to. at 182k miles, I have no complaints. I love the V8 growl.
    http://forums.evolutionm.net/members/596-sblvro.html

https://www.facebook.com/pages/doctorownedcarscom/217367714961131

011 RRS hse lux (traded),2013 RRS hse lux +silver, vision package(current),2009 escalade hybrid(traded) for 2015i escalade platinum,2014 glk 350 4matic(current)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now