IID Tool - Add additional keys?
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: IID Tool - Add additional keys?

FRESHMAN ROVER

IID Tool - Add additional keys?

Hi all -
    I am wondering if the IID tool can program additional keys to 2008 RRS models (flip key style)? My 2013 cost me nearly a grand to have two additional keys made for it, and I am hoping I can avoid that cost again by using this for my 2008. Since we are taking it on a roadtrip across the country I would like to have a second key with us, just in case.

Thank,
    J

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: IID Tool - Add additional keys?

Contact IID directly - they will tell you if it is possible

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: IID Tool - Add additional keys?

I explored this for my 2012 RRS after I bought it, as it only came with one fob.
    At least the 2010-2013 keyfob also contains an RFID chip or similar, so if the keyfob battery goes flat you can still start the car by
    holding the dead fob upto a reader located under the steering column.

You can use IIDtool to program the car to accept another fob (usual price on ebay is $60 - $80). Doing that will give you a fob that is fine in normal use but the RFID functionality won't work.

That bugged me enough that I decided to pay through the nose for a replacement fob through the dealer.
    They had to send to England for it, so it took a couple of weeks, then I had to take the car in for programming.
    I was expecting it to cost more than it did (It was a year or so ago but I think the total cost was like $375).

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now