JLR Mongoose Ebay. Battery Dead after 10 mins of use.
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: JLR Mongoose Ebay. Battery Dead after 10 mins of use.

JLR Mongoose Ebay. Battery Dead after 10 mins of use.

I bought a JLR Mongoose Adapter from ebay everything has installed correctly and there is communication to the vehicle when reading the VIN/modules.

I have run into a problem twice now where i plug in the mongoose with the ignition set to position II and after 10 minutes of messing around in the software the car battery is down to 8V and will not crank even with a cheap battery charger attached.
    I have to charge the battery and disconnect the mongoose and then the car will crank and start.
    I have noticed it says in the JLR software that a battery support unit is recommended. I used a cheap ebay charger maybe this is the problem? even though im not asking the vehicle to do anything battery demanding, it is strange it is drawing so much power when im hooked up with the diagnostic equipment. With that being said , when i am connected to the ECU before the battery voltage drops, i am unable to control though the JLR the electronics to test if the software is working. unable to turn on the headlights, lock the doors, read live data.

has anyone else experienced this? what battery support units/ chargers is everyone using? how many amps are people drawing when the diagnostic system is hooked up? is it better just to invest in the VCM2 instead?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: JLR Mongoose Ebay. Battery Dead after 10 mins of use.

This is normal, This has noting to do with your scanner. When the ignition is on the truck pulls 30-40 amps of current. You must hook the truck up to a 12v(really 13.8 volt) 40+ amp power supply NOT a battery charger or you will get exactly what you describe.
    2008 Range Rover Supercharged L322.
    2010 Range Rover Autobiography L322.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: JLR Mongoose Ebay. Battery Dead after 10 mins of use.

2008 Range Rover Supercharged L322.
    2010 Range Rover Autobiography L322.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now