Best diagnostic tool to program fob AND shank?
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best diagnostic tool to program fob AND shank?

FRESHMAN ROVER

Best diagnostic tool to program fob AND shank?

Looking at both iLAND and IIDTool by GAP. I have a 2005 LR3 neutered (coilovers) as well as my '14 RR Sport SC dynamic. The thing that pushed me toward purchase is the cost and hassle to program some additional key fobs I bought on Amazon for the RR Sport. The LR dealer is not close. I have a locksmith who claims he can do it, but figured I would apply the savings toward a tool I can use to diagnose and repair things in the future. I was surprised to learn in the AB iLAND video that it only programs the FOB for entry? It will not allow you to start your vehicle. The IIDTool seems to be able to do both - but I understood it might need to be an genuine OEM key for your vehicle.

My locksmith has already programmed 2 aftermarket key fobs and cut the blades for my LR3 and they worked perfectly. Atlantic British said in the video NO diagnostic tool can program keys except the dealer. Obviously, that is not true. So, my question. Do any of the diagnostic tools available under $600 support non OEM keys and shank/valet blade programming?

Here are my sources on programming keys...
    iLAND
    https://youtu.be/0tDefr63V0g

IIDTool BT (see key programming)
    https://www.gap-diagnostic.com/products/iidtool/
    2014 Range Rover Sport V8 Supercharged Dynamic / Quicksilver Exhaust / VelocityAP ECU Tune

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Re: Best diagnostic tool to program fob AND shank?

Not true I have personally programmed keys on range rover. I use the icarscan from launch and it works great.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now