IIDTool Activation - Page 2
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: IIDTool Activation

SENIOR ROVER

Re: IIDTool Activation

It looks like it's going to be a fantastic tool at some time, but until they encompass the complete Land Rover range the Pro Tool seems overpriced.
    My local indie needs something to replace his old T4 set up, which is becoming more and more flaky on the laptop.
    It looks like it's going to be the Lynx Pro, which seems the best value/coverage per buck.
    Show me surf, and I'll show you a happy man...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Hmm.... It seems that the Lynx system really is the best tool for your P38.

Out of curiosity, which one would you go for?

http://www.lrparts.net/product/elect....html?limit=36

SENIOR ROVER

Hi Canrover, Just bought a Nanocom Evolution as I like the all in one device.
    Really interested in this IID Tool though, love the thought of being able to leave it plugged into the diagnostic port and getting real time read outs on my smart phone.
    Just doesn't support the P38 so no good for me.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Yeah it's too bad. Any chance you'll upgrade to a RR?

SENIOR ROVER

Ha ha, not a chance, I've sunk too much money into this money pit!

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by RRToadHall View Post
    Absolutely the most accurate post ever made. The GAP team is heads and tails above everyone for stellar customer service and flexibility.
    I concur. I can't praise Patrick and GAP's support enough. The IIDTOOL BT is fantastic to boot.
    Chance
    1960 Series II Hybrid
    1993 NAS Defender 110
    2009 Range Rover

Quote Originally Posted by Cornishman View Post
    I'm puzzled regarding your pricing guys.
    My local independent got quoted £1550 for the full IID Tool whereas Lynx was quoted at £1220.
    Your also does not cover the P38, Freelander 1, Discovery 1 and 2, and angst of the Defenders.
    This is pricing for both pro tools.
    How do you come to the conclusion that your pricing is a third less?
    Hi Cornishman,
    I was not comparing the IIDTool Pro to the Lynx - it was the IIDTool BT. Despite the fact that the IIDTool BT is designed for individual users, the standard diagnostic functionality that the IIDTool BT performs VIN lock free is more or less equivalent to the Lynx' full functionality; the IIDTool does much more than the Hawkeye / Lynx (neither can even perform an EAS calibration!). Albeit we do not cover the early LRs. Our coverage begins with the 2002 L322 and the D3/RRS.

If your mechanic needs early vehicle coverage and does not do much in the way of electronics, he is right in going with a Lynx Pro. For a garage that no longer performs service on early vehicles, or has a T4 for the occasional P38, D2 or TD5 Def, the IIDTool BT could perform the same functions as the Hawkeye / Lynx Pro - and only cost 1/3 as much. But if a garage does regular LR work, the IIDTool Pro is a worthwhile investment. The functionality for Land Rover is now on par with much more expensive systems such as the Autologic. CCF Car Configuration changes, system or component initialization, ECU flashing - all miles beyond the capability of a Hawkeye / Lynx.

We may still do the TD5/D2 series vehicles but chances are not high that we are ever going to do the P38. The P38 is an early fully electronic vehicle and its systems are a mix of what each supplier gave LR. Every sub-system needs to be reverse-engineered individually. It is almost easier for us to add an entire new vehicle such as the Disco Sport than to add support for only one system on the P38.

Not all diagnostic tools are created equal, and just because it says Pro on the box, does not make it great. But in the end, it really does all boil down to individual needs.

HTH,
    Steve

PS:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornishman View Post
    Ha ha, not a chance, I've sunk too much money into this money pit!
    Try a L322. It does everything the P38 does only much better. The P38 is endearing because you have to spend so much time with it - so keep it as a collector vehicle! That's what I did. :-p

SENIOR ROVER

I've considered doing that so many times Steve, trouble is I love driving the P38 and my restoration car is an MGB GT V8. Great car to drive with none of the cranky electronics!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now