RRS / LR3 Audio Connectivity Module Available
NEWS

1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: RRS / LR3 Audio Connectivity Module Available

FRESHMAN ROVER

RRS / LR3 Audio Connectivity Module Available

Quick Notes:

Currently supports Nano Gen 1, and Ipod Video Gen 5 30,60,80gb Models.

Allows steering wheel control of the Ipods.

USB input for memory sticks and an aux connection for an analog input.

Adapter for Gen 2 Nano's targeted for March.

Pricing should be < $300.

If your local LR Centre Parts or service people don't know about this, have them get the bulletin off infotrail.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RangeRovers.net
    Advertisements

Part # should be LR004805. I'll call my dealer to verify price w/ install and how long before they can get it in stock.

New to our forum? Do NOT click here!

JUNIOR ROVER
    we got word of it yesterday but without enough info.

we still dont have prices and install times and other info.

so no the dealership cant help you.

they know they wont have any info.

the bulletin doesnt state if its retrofitted to a 05-06 lr3 or a sport.

Without that info I cant say its actually possible to use.

it just says lr3 and rrs.

please give us time and we can answer your questions.
    I left my wife for fishing and haven't looked back since.

FRESHMAN ROVER
    what the hell....no support for ipod gen4??

whats so different that it cant support that?
    06 Cairns Blue RRS - Retired
    12 Orkney Grey RRS Lux

JUNIOR ROVER
    Please ask Apple not us.

we have enough on our plates.

rrs
    FRESHMAN ROVER
    dont ask a lr employee to do their job or know a thing about their product on launch, didn't you know? i dont see why a gen4 wouldn't work but who knows. best to buy the kit, if it doesn't work, upgrade your iPod.

FRESHMAN ROVER
    The Boss- Uhm, you do have pricing and install times. Check the bulletin again.

Lude- I'm *guessing* the reason for no Gen4 or other support (at this moment) is that they only have a couple of "bases" that the ipod will fit into.

JUNIOR ROVER
    well the first bulletin I saw said it was going to give us the info in a week

but its there now so cool.

but it doesnt say the model year.

thats my issue.

if it said 05-07 then ok, but it doesnt say anything.

that kinda bugs me until I get definitive proof that its the entire model line.

I assume for now taht its all the product line but oh well.

JUNIOR ROVER
    Friend got this installed overseas... on a 2005 Disco 3 (LR3). Said he knew it was a waste of money, but hey... he had a flush month, so he did it anyway. So, based on that... it's a pretty sure thing it'll work on a 2006 RRS.

I thought the initial reports said they were making this available for the 2005+ FFRR as well. That is the one that really needs it, as there is no aux input.

I went to see a nearby dealer (Land Rover Cerritos, CA). List price is... $340, plus installation. They will receive their first supply of kits next week, right around February 1, and until then they couldn't tell me where the module and iPod docking station will be installed, since they have no installation info yet (that eBay link shows the docking station next to the ignition key on a Disco3, but it's gotta be somewhere else on the Sport. There doesn't seem to be enough room there.) I'll check back with them when they have one available. Didn't think of asking if the kit is the same for the big Range, sorry. It will fit any 2005+ Disco/LR3 and 2006+ Sport, however.

Nice dealership, by the way. Everything is brand spanking new...

New to our forum? Do NOT click here!

rrs
    FRESHMAN ROVER
    the install looks to be next to the ignition, just as the lr3. don't see why a self-install couldn't place the iPod in the glove though. i have yet to see firsthand the range of control with the stereo but i would prefer everything in the glove, as are the usb and rca inputs. a bit off topic, word on the street is that the nav-tv cayenne iPod input can take up to 2 minutes to load after ignition. as always, early adopters are beta testers.

JUNIOR ROVER
    jags have three hour installs cause you have alot to do including drilling templates and tricking the audio unit to thnk it has a cd player and the like.

we are in the same boat as the other dealers and when a install gets done I will inform you on it.

JUNIOR ROVER
    Yes, it's a dock-style solution on the Disco 3/LR3. There is also a USB memory port and another set of RCA inputs in the glove box. Odds are the RRS version isn't much different. My friend confirms the volume level is far more matched than the normal AUX input.

Here is some information on how it works with the iPod (from the LR3 version):

"The iPod is connected to the ACM via a docking cradle, located on the outboard side of the steering wheel.

Operating the iPod via the Audio System

When connected to the vehicle's audio system, the auxiliary input bypass switch must be in the active position and the AUX button on the audio system must be selected.

Once selected the audio system will allow you to activate the iPod.

Track/Playlist Selection

The menu displayed on the iPod can be used to select the tracks you wish to play.

Track selection can also be made using the steering wheel controls:

- Press track up or down once to change the track

- Press and hold the track up or track down for 2 seconds to change the playlist. When in Artist or Album mode, the iPod will commence playing playlist 1.

- Press and hold the track up or track down for more than 2 seconds to activate cue or review.

- Press and hold telephone hang-up button for 2 seconds (where fitted) to toggle between shuffle on and off. Shuffle can also be selected through the iPod menu if telephone is not fitted. See iPod instructions for details. The shuffle sequences are as follows: OFF, SONGS, ALBUMS

Note: When a track has been selected from 'Playlsits', 'Albums' or 'Artists' and the starter switch is reset (turned off and on), the track will continue to play and you can scan through the tracks using controls as usual.

To play all tracks:

Press 'Menu'.
    Select 'Shuffle'.
    Press 'Select'.

The iPod will now play all tracks. Press and hold the telephone hang-up button for 2 seconds (where fitted) for toggle random or artist order play. For further details refer to your iPod user manual.

Repeat and Scan

The vehicle's audio system does not allow selection of the repeat and scan features. Set the required feature on the iPod before connecting to the vehicle.

Note: Audio system buttons cannot be used for controlling the ACM."

JUNIOR ROVER
    So, as you can see, full iPod information is displayed... on the iPod itself. Optional full function controls, too... right there on the iPod located near your steering wheel controls.