Driver's side blows only cold air out. Heater works only for passenger side.
NEWS

1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Driver's side blows only cold air out. Heater works only for passenger side.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Driver's side blows only cold air out. Heater works only for passenger side.

I got a 2008 Sport HSE.

All the heater/cooler controls seems like working ok (flow direction, auto, etc...)

BUT THE PROBLEM: driver's side blows only cold air out. Heater works only for passenger side.

Please help.
    I'm not a mechanic or anything, so if anyone has some pics to support the theory - that would be great.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR gooseyloosey's Avatar

Re: Driver's side blows only cold air out. Heater works only for passenger side.

See this thread..
    Left blender motor broke down!
    '08 RRS HSE Stornoway Gray

Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: Driver's side blows only cold air out. Heater works only for passenger side.

Quote Originally Posted by gooseyloosey View Post
    That is different problem. The guy describes that his is left with only 2 working vents.

IN MY CASE: All 4 vents working fine. Just 2 (on the driver's side) are blowing COLD AIR ONLY. No heat comes out (if heater is on).

Thanks.

1. There are possibly stored DTC's (i.e., bad temp sensor), but maybe not. But it's a good place to start.
    2. Start with the easy stuff first--cabin air filter not blocked, cabin temp sensors not covered in belly lint, etc.
    3. Then you get to the blend motors/actuators--I mentioned this as a good place to look because this has been a problem in older RR's and has popped up a couple times here. There are flaps that control the flow of air from the fan AND flaps that control the flow of air over the heater core or evap for both the driver and passenger side.

Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Thank You. Will try to resolve this.

Good luck with the repair and please check back with what you found.

FRESHMAN ROVER

I am experiencing the same exact thing drivers side blows cold air whiles the passenger blows hot! Please let me know if you had any luck fixing this issue
    06 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
    10 Infiniti fx 35

same happens to me! ^

Driver side blows cold air, but after 5-10 min it starts becoming hot
    07 RRS HSE (Sold)
    2013 S4

Any resolution on this - mine just started to do this yesterday. Not looked at any of the possible problem paths listed above yet
    2006 RRS HSE |Java Black | DFW-TX

FRESHMAN ROVER

No solution yet? All four vents will blow air the right driver side /center console will,only blow air that is fairly warm after some time but not to the desired hot temp. for now to keep myself warm I just press the eco button and it seems to heat the air a little bit more through that vent.
    06 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
    10 Infiniti fx 35

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by RRSPORT1 View Post
    same happens to me! ^

Driver side blows cold air, but after 5-10 min it starts becoming hot
    Same happening with me!
    Judith - 2007 Range Rover Sport HSE + Lux + Ent Pkg
    Beatrice - 2002 Mercedes Benz G500 (Stolen)

Quote Originally Posted by joeynahlous View Post
    No solution yet? All four vents will blow air the right driver side /center console will,only blow air that is fairly warm after some time but not to the desired hot temp. for now to keep myself warm I just press the eco button and it seems to heat the air a little bit more through that vent.
    I think the only solution is to replace the left blender motor. I have the same issue, however my dealer quoted me $1600 to fix the problem since they need to remove the dash to access the area. So needless to say I'm holding off untill it totally fail and hopefully by then it will be spring and I wouldn't even use the Heater
    07 RRS HSE (Sold)
    2013 S4

I found the instructions for the blend door actuators, states about a 3 hour job, and the dash does not need to come out
    2006 RRS HSE |Java Black | DFW-TX

FRESHMAN ROVER

completely apples to oranges, here, but when this issue popped up on Lincoln LS's, 90% of the time it was the Heater Control Valve aka DCCV (dual climate control valves).

Again...not disputing the info/posters above, as we are talking about 2 different vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco_TX_RRS View Post
    I found the instructions for the blend door actuators, states about a 3 hour job, and the dash does not need to come out
    Well how can we get it done Frisco?? any pics and part pricing

2011 RRS SC, Orkney Grey, Tan interior, 22" rims, roof rack, running boards, supercharged side vents, black lettering, double tip deleted Resonator exhaust. EuroCharged pulley and tuned ECU. 568HP