75k Service - Dynamic Response
NEWS

1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 75k Service - Dynamic Response

FRESHMAN ROVER

75k Service - Dynamic Response

So, I bought my first Range Rover, an 07 RRS S/C with about 80k on it. Turns out the 75k service was never fully performed, just the oil changed. I got a quote of $600 from both the local LR dealer and an indy shop...surprised they were the same.

After asking questions and seeing a list of services, the LR dealer did not include the following:
    - Remove debris from Dynamic Response valve block and chassis
    - Replace Dynamic Response valve block filter

The Indy shop said the following is all they can do to the DR: "The 75K service includes cleaning away any visible debris between the dynamic response valve block and chassis. It does not include any servicing of the Dynamic Response system, such as bleeding the system, etc. You would need to take it to the dealer for that if you are having issues"

I'm going to perform the 75k service myself, with the exception of the DR work, so 2 questions:
    - Does "remove debris" mean cleaning up the actuating rods on the outside of the system?
    - Does DR filter replacement involve going into the actual system, requiring bleeding? (I would assume so...)

2. Remove Advertisements
    RangeRovers.net
    Advertisements

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR gooseyloosey's Avatar

Re: 75k Service - Dynamic Response

The debris sounds like a simple wipe down, and I would not touch the DR filter myself--let LR do it if it needs to be done.
    '08 RRS HSE Stornoway Gray

Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards.