Range Rovers Forum banner

06 RR Sport HSE Transfer Case Chain Question

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  irvingsdesk 
#1 ·
So, after a routine maintenance, ( 92K Miles ) changed all fluids, front and rear differential, Engine oil, Transmission with pan and filter, and transfer case, as always I used dealer fluids and filters, however this time the transfer case started leaking fluid from the rear output flange area, only leaks when driving, so it's hard to pinpoint if it is the rear seal or the covers with out pulling the transfer case, if it is the rear output seal, the chain will need to come off for replacement, but the dealer does not sale the chain, and I can't seem to find it anywhere, I would hate to reassemble everything and leave the old chain with 92k miles, any ideas were I can find this part?

#2 ·
#3 ·
Thanks so much for the info, that is exactly the unit we have, how ever, apparently it is discontinued, I contacted Magna Steyr, but they referred me to a local distributor, after calling around everybody says the same, it has been discontinued, the only one available is the NV225, which is apparently longer, any thoughts???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.