HELP NEEDED!!!! Steering wheel shake, saying tires are the issue BULL****
NEWS

1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HELP NEEDED!!!! Steering wheel shake, saying tires are the issue BULL****

HELP NEEDED!!!! Steering wheel shake, saying tires are the issue BULL****

So I have had the dreaded Steering wheel shake on MY2010 RRS.

First they say is a balanace issue with the tires and they road force balance the tires and say that will fix the issue.............DIDNT fix it.........

Supposedly they did the service bulletin replacement of parts with the issue but I do not remember seeing that on the forms after I picked up the car....

Now they are saying it is a tire issue and telling me to replace the tire.

I remember reading somewhere that someone had the same issue and the tires didnt fix the issue, any guidance would be amazing, thanks............

2. Remove Advertisements
    RangeRovers.net
    Advertisements

Re: HELP NEEDED!!!! Steering wheel shake, saying tires are the issue BULL****

They are also saying the service bulletin about the replacement of the steering column pieces inrealtion to this problem is only good for 12k miles.........

FYI, this truck has had endless issues, Electrical CONSTANTLY, transmission and wheel shake................I cant wait to get out of this truck..........

WOW!!!!!!! I mean **** ..........

I think you forgot the bold, italics, underline and oversized fonts.
    Why don’t you ever see hippopotamus hiding in trees? ...because they’re REALLY good at it.

FRESHMAN ROVER

What brand of tires plus size do you have ?

Trust me, I've been there. First thing they do, "Oh well, those tires aren't factory tires so there you go". No, I'm not an idiot, factory tires were terrible and these have the same size/specs along with a $$$ road force balance so I know it's not that. I'm taking mine in soon for the same thing. The ltb you're looking for is LTB00400, it's posted somewhere in these forums.
    2011 RRS Supercharged, Santorini Black on Tan, pretty perfect as is
    2008 RRS HSE Lux (sold), Alaska white on Ivory/Ebony, Supercharged front and side grill's,
    20" genuine stormer wheels, Supercharged front Brembo brake retrofit, Supercharged exhaust tips retrofit, 2010+ tail lights retrofit, Color coded mirror caps, Nappa leather steering wheel retrofit.
    2005 LR3 HSE (sold), Java Black on Alpaca, oversized all-terrains, LR genuine expedition roof rack, grille guard, and tail lamp guards.

I brought the LTB00400 to them and they say its no good after 12,000 miles..................

Toadhill just because you enjoy dealing with a piece of **** then thats your perogative. I have tried to steer clear of this forum and proclaiming the tons of issues and 20+ days in service of the 6 months of ownership of this CPO RRS (certified piece of crap)........

Quote Originally Posted by q80hobiecat View Post
    What brand of tires plus size do you have ?
    Stock, whatever came with the truck originally............

Quote Originally Posted by Golfer1659 View Post
    I brought the LTB00400 to them and they say its no good after 12,000 miles..................
    What does that mean no good after 12,000 miles? So after 12k miles, that no longer solves the problem? lol Maybe the tsb might be expired or something but that doesn't mean it's not a good fix. Sounds look phooey to me, have you tried a different dealer?
    2008 RRS HSE Lux (sold), Alaska white on Ivory/Ebony, Supercharged front and side grill's,
    20" genuine stormer wheels, Supercharged front Brembo brake retrofit, Supercharged exhaust tips retrofit, 2010+ tail lights retrofit, Color coded mirror caps, Nappa leather steering wheel retrofit.
    2005 LR3 HSE (sold), Java Black on Alpaca, oversized all-terrains, LR genuine expedition roof rack, grille guard, and tail lamp guards.

Quote Originally Posted by dantheman1 View Post
    What does that mean no good after 12,000 miles? So after 12k miles, that no longer solves the problem? lol Maybe the tsb might be expired or something but that doesn't mean it's not a good fix. Sounds look phooey to me, have you tried a different dealer?
    Means if your truck has more than 12k miles then its not covered by the warranty..........

Oh I see, that's strange. My previous car, LR3, had the wheel shimmy and the dealer replaced it (steering gear, tie rods) once under warranty at 35k miles and again under my extended warranty at 70k miles. I'm taking my RRS under extended warranty for this problem on Monday, I'll report back what they say. Have you tried another dealer though? From my experience with 4 different LR dealers, each one has a different level of service and competence.

Factory wheel alignment and wheel balancing are covered by Land Rover for 12 months / 12,500 miles, whichever occurs first, assuming you are completely stock of course. Steering gear and tie rods are different animals, and covered by the full factory warranty (4/50K.)

New to our forum? Do NOT click here!

Quote Originally Posted by Golfer1659 View Post
    FYI, this truck has had endless issues, Electrical CONSTANTLY, transmission and wheel shake................I cant wait to get out of this truck..........
    land rover of glen cove? friend of mine has a 2010 and same issues and the same procedures. didnt resolve the problem. he said basically anything over 45mph+ the car shakes like he is driving over rumble strips.

New to our forum? Do NOT click here!

What I can tell you is I feel your pain.

I always get the "you are more observant and demanding than our typical customer" line which infuriates me. The vehicle is either right or needs work; the drivers perceptions aren't the issue here.

What I can tell you is after multiple trips to the dealer (more than 1) and even some investment in aftermarket parts, my RRS is finally about 98% right.

Some recommendations -

1) Call Jaguar customer service and open a case; be fair but firm. Your a young guy so make sure you play nice. Facts over gripes.
    2) Document all your issues with them and then schedule the work at the dealer in the area that has the best reputation if its not where you purchased you vehicle. I plan on using a different dealer for future service now that I am back in PA than where I purchased due to their poor service department.
    3) When you drop it off, ask to see the service manager and walk him through your punch list and have him drive it. The dealer who told me I was too demanding had to admit after driving my RRS, he'd want the front end braking shimmy issues fixed too; then I did not seem so demanding.
    4) Complete process until all issues are resolved or trade it off...what I do not know is if my Carfax has the 10-15 trips to the dealer on it (ha ha).

Also, do not let forum detractors let you down...we all know the answer when people as about a LR product - "you either get one with little or no issues or you get one like ours...more miles up and down the lift then down the road". I can say the persistence is worth it though. Just drove from Hershey PA to Cape May NJ is class and style and the RRS made the trip that much more enjoyable.

PM me if you have any questions or if you want to know who I worked with at Jaguar CS.

2010 LR RRS HSE - Santorini Black/Ivory