Bg 44k
NEWS

1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bg 44k

Bg 44k

just purchased a bottle of this. Dealer was trying to charge me $400 for maintenance stuff which included BG44k...I just laughed. If anyone has used this, what's your thoughts?
    07' RRS SC

2. Remove Advertisements
    RangeRovers.net
    Advertisements

Re: Bg 44k

"included" BG44k... what other maintenance stuff was on that list?
    Sucking at something is the first step to becoming sorta good at something.

oil change, update software, check this, check that, fill windshield fluid, wash car and bend you over while you are paying at the cashier.
    07' RRS SC

Quote Originally Posted by andyboy View Post
    oil change, update software, check this, check that, fill windshield fluid, wash car and bend you over while you are paying at the cashier.
    Ha ha! I always wonder why inspections could cost so much. They'd better be changing your diff fluids or tranny fluid with prices like that.

BTW, I had that BG 44 or whatever it is. Nothing. They then replaced 4 of my injectors. My engine is still stumbling a little at idle. Must be some sort of sensor at this point.

The only way you should get the 44 is if they run your engine with it. Not the fuel additive. The kit where they hook it right to your fuel rails. That's a good injector cleaning. It should work even better on yours because they're not the DI ones. It's a good little bit of upkeep that would save you over the long haul and keep your power up. But, I almost wonder for the price of multiple B 44 cleanings if you wouldn't be better off buying new injectors and just putting them in. I don't know what they cost though, so I guess I might be wrong. My dealer said the injectors weren't that much for mine, so yours, you would think, would be even cheaper. Wow, I just rambled on aimlessly there.
    2010 RRS HSE Santorini Black
    2010 GMC Yukon Denali
    2013 Ford Focus ST/ST3 (Track Toy)

Quote Originally Posted by The Weatherman View Post
    Ha ha! I always wonder why inspections could cost so much. They'd better be changing your diff fluids or tranny fluid with prices like that.

BTW, I had that BG 44 or whatever it is. Nothing. They then replaced 4 of my injectors. My engine is still stumbling a little at idle. Must be some sort of sensor at this point.

The only way you should get the 44 is if they run your engine with it. Not the fuel additive. The kit where they hook it right to your fuel rails. That's a good injector cleaning. It should work even better on yours because they're not the DI ones. It's a good little bit of upkeep that would save you over the long haul and keep your power up. But, I almost wonder for the price of multiple B 44 cleanings if you wouldn't be better off buying new injectors and just putting them in. I don't know what they cost though, so I guess I might be wrong. My dealer said the injectors weren't that much for mine, so yours, you would think, would be even cheaper. Wow, I just rambled on aimlessly there.

For I think around $300, My dealer did the fuel injection cleaning at the rails and cleaned/polished/de-carbed the throttle body. Probably overpaid, but the truck does idle much smoother than before. A little bump in mpg too.
    2011 RRS Supercharged, Santorini Black on Tan, pretty perfect as is
    2008 RRS HSE Lux (sold), Alaska white on Ivory/Ebony, Supercharged front and side grill's,
    20" genuine stormer wheels, Supercharged front Brembo brake retrofit, Supercharged exhaust tips retrofit, 2010+ tail lights retrofit, Color coded mirror caps, Nappa leather steering wheel retrofit.
    2005 LR3 HSE (sold), Java Black on Alpaca, oversized all-terrains, LR genuine expedition roof rack, grille guard, and tail lamp guards.

Quote Originally Posted by andyboy View Post
    just purchased a bottle of this. Dealer was trying to charge me $400 for maintenance stuff which included BG44k...I just laughed. If anyone has used this, what's your thoughts?
    I think BG44k is well worth the money. Just bought another bottle... Used it for the first time at 80,000 miles and plan to use it again at 90,000 even though it is still running great.
    2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged | Black on Black | Stormer Wheels | "Clear" Side Markers and Tail Lights | Color Coded Tailgate Trim | Partial De-badge | 2011-2012 Maps | Valentine One "hardwired" | K&N Air Filter | 100,000+ miles

I'm waiting to fill up my gas before I put this in. Hoping to see some improvements. If not, not worries. only $21 down the drain...errr...down the tank
    07' RRS SC