2006-2010 Air Compressor drier, valve, relay repl. - TSB
NEWS

1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2006-2010 Air Compressor drier, valve, relay repl. - TSB

2006-2010 Air Compressor drier, valve, relay repl. - TSB

New bulletin issued has instructions on replacing compressor's delivery valve, air drier and relay (plus performing a control module software update) when amber or red suspensions warning light turns on and "Suspension system inactive' displays in the message center, or should there be a marked degradation of suspension system performance along with the fault messages and/or warning lights. Several DTCs may also be stored in the related control module. Current part #'s for delivery valve, drier and relay kits are included in the bulletin. As always, check the VIN range and, whenever possible, the stored diag trouble codes before assuming this fix applies to you... Note for example that MY2011 RRS are not included in the TSB.

Also posting workshop manual's sections for air compressor + drier removal and installation, for experienced DIYers / indy shops or those of us without a factory warranty and willing to give these procedures a shot on our own (you'd still need someone with up-to-date diagnostics to update the control module software per TSB, though.)
    Attached Files Attached Files

New to our forum? Do NOT click here!

2. Remove Advertisements
    RangeRovers.net
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: 2006-2010 Air Compressor drier, valve, relay repl. - TSB

I had this problem come up last month and I got everything replaced in the bulletin including the software update. I paid for it my self, is that something that they could redeem me for it?

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR gooseyloosey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sheefo2k
    I had this problem come up last month and I got everything replaced in the bulletin including the software update. I paid for it my self, is that something that they could redeem me for it?
    Doesn't hurt to try.

Call LR 1-800-637-6837, work through the menus. You will need your VIN#.

Good luck.
    '08 RRS HSE Stornoway Gray

Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Thank you!

I will call and report back.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Hey guys does anyone know where the range rover sport air compressor reservoir tank is located in the car?
    06 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
    10 Infiniti fx 35

Just in front of the air compressor itself, on the outside of the left-hand chassis rail under, well, your butt. It's a long steel cylinder, easy to see.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Ohhh okay yeh i just found it , umbertob is it normAl for the air compressor to come on for like10 seconds after the car has been driven for a while, for example i go to the market and come back home , when parking i hear the ir compressor come on for like 10 seconds and then it goes off. The air bags seem fine i have parked the car for 48 hours and it sits fine, and when i turn the car on in the mornings the air cmpressor usually runs for 1-2 minutes like normal, but i have recently started noticing it comming on after it has been driven.
    10 Infiniti fx 35

Yep, everything you describe sounds fairly ordinary. The compressor could very well come on for a few seconds with the engine running after you come to a stop / park, to quickly recharge the air reservoir to optimal pressure if necessary. No worries.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Thanks umbertob ,

the best!
    10 Infiniti fx 35

FRESHMAN ROVER

Ill be installing the air drier, delivery valve, and relay this weekend. I am getting suspension faults randomly all the time now. All three only cost me about $130 shipped. Doing the install will also help to diagnose the real problem but hopefully this will also fix it.

Either way the air drier seems to be a replaceable item that wears out over time and should be replaced periodically anyways.
    2007 RRS HSE - Stornoway Grey
    2006 Mustang Saleen S281SC

I am getting this fault quite alot now i have a 2007 RRS and my vin # is in range my RRS only has 32,000 miles on it and i bought it as is so my question is how long is the factiory warranty is it 5 yrs i guess i could just buy the parts and have a independent shop do it but hay if i can have the dealer do it that would be great. So what do you guys think
    Ken

Factory warranty is 4 years or 50K miles, whichever occurs first. Unless your vehicle was originally registered after May 2008 (very unlikely if it's a MY07), you are out of luck Ken. Steer clear of the dealer - they will eat you alive now that your warranty is up - and go see a reputable independent shop for a diagnostic session and estimate. There should be plenty up in Northern California.

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR gooseyloosey's Avatar

CaptKen,
    '08 RRS HSE Stornoway Gray

Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards.

Bummer so if i go and buy the parts and buy a IDD tool which is 500.00 bucks can i callibrate the suspension myself or do i need to upate to the latest software the indy shop i went to for a oil change which is cerriones does not have the fault reafer stuff i think there is a indy shop in San Francisco CA that does have the equiment to upgrade the software i will google it and see the fault i get is random and all i have to do is turn off the car and it clears its just annoying i like thing working perfect on my different hobbies so when i get home i will most likely buy the parts and see if i can find a indy shop to do the fix. Thanks for your comments i really like the people on this forum always willing to give out good advise. do you guys do marriage advise for old sailors also.
    Much Mahalos
    Ken

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by CaptKen View Post
    Bummer so if i go and buy the parts and buy a IDD tool which is 500.00 bucks can i callibrate the suspension myself or do i need to upate to the latest software the indy shop i went to for a oil change which is cerriones does not have the fault reafer stuff i think there is a indy shop in San Francisco CA that does have the equiment to upgrade the software i will google it and see the fault i get is random and all i have to do is turn off the car and it clears its just annoying i like thing working perfect on my different hobbies so when i get home i will most likely buy the parts and see if i can find a indy shop to do the fix. Thanks for your comments i really like the people on this forum always willing to give out good advise. do you guys do marriage advise for old sailors also.
    Much Mahalos
    Ken
    haha that is one big run-on sentence.

I went to a local indy shop and they charged me $80 for a "diagnostic check". all they did was check the codes and took them 15 minutes. Nice people but $80 was rediculous.

The IID tool seems like a great thing to have long term to both check codes and clear them but I dont think you can updated the suspension software. You can calibrate and change the height I believe but not update the EAS software.
    2007 RRS HSE - Stornoway Grey
    2006 Mustang Saleen S281SC