Range Rover Sport - Help accessing the airbag module
NEWS
 

  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net General discussion forum for Range Rovers

    Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!
     
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Range Rover Sport - Help accessing the airbag module

  1. #1
    FRESHMAN ROVER
    Join Date
    June 22nd, 2010
    Posts
    10

    Range Rover Sport - Help accessing the airbag module

    Hi, I hope someone can help us. We have a Range Rover Sport 2005 and need to access the airbag module that is located in the centre consul in front of the gear lever. We have tried but are having trouble removing the centre consul to access it and do not want to force it in case we break the consul. Can anyone tell us how to remove the centre consul to access the airbag module? Many thanks in advance.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    RangeRovers.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    GRAND. FIGL. DI PUTT. umbertob's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2005
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    10,324

    Re: Range Rover Sport - Help accessing the airbag module

    I've never accessed that area, but it looks like fun... not.

    Start by removing the Terrain Response switchgear:[attachment=3:10yvwjux]ridehandlingswitchremove.pdf[/attachment:10yvwjux]
    Then remove the floor console upper panel:[attachment=2:10yvwjux]floorconsoleupperpanelremove.pdf[/attachment:10yvwjux]
    Finally, remove the lower floor console and you will gain access to the restraints control module:[attachment=1:10yvwjux]floorconsoleremoval.pdf[/attachment:10yvwjux][attachment=0:10yvwjux]rcmremoval.pdf[/attachment:10yvwjux]
    Attached Files Attached Files

    New to our forum? Do NOT click here!

  4. #3
    FRESHMAN ROVER
    Join Date
    June 22nd, 2010
    Posts
    10

    Re: Range Rover Sport - Help accessing the airbag module

    Wow, you are a superstar. Thank you so much for taking the time to send such a detailed reply. Big thank you.

  5. #4
    FORUM ADMINISTRATOR gooseyloosey's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,816

    Re: Range Rover Sport - Help accessing the airbag module

    Quote Originally Posted by LoubyLou
    Wow, you are a superstar. Thank you so much for taking the time to send such a detailed reply. Big thank you.
    All the more remarkable in that it was all downloaded and sent via a waterproof wireless handheld while swimming with manta rays.
    '08 RRS HSE Stornoway Gray

    Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards.

  6. #5
    GRAND. FIGL. DI PUTT. umbertob's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2005
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    10,324

    Re: Range Rover Sport - Help accessing the airbag module

    You are right about that... Aloha!

    New to our forum? Do NOT click here!

  7. #6
    FRESHMAN ROVER
    Join Date
    May 16th, 2010
    Posts
    94

    Re: Range Rover Sport - Help accessing the airbag module

    May I ask why you need to access the Restraints Control Module? You do not need to remove the center console to access or remove the module. When everything is loosened, the rear of the console can be raised to allow sufficient access. ibis1

  8. #7
    JUNIOR ROVER
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2006
    Posts
    750

    Re: Range Rover Sport - Help accessing the airbag module

    if you take out the module and do not tighten it down to spec it will make lots of codes. If you tip the module and turn the key on all the airbags will blow off. Heard a story about a tech that did that in another dealer.
    I left my wife for fishing and haven't looked back since.

  9. #8
    FRESHMAN ROVER
    Join Date
    June 22nd, 2010
    Posts
    10

    Re: Range Rover Sport - Help accessing the airbag module

    Thanks guys for your advice here. Yep, don't worry, we won't be setting off the airbags - we will disconnect everything first. The car was in a bump, so an airbag went off and we need to re-set the RCM now that we have fitted the new one.

  10. #9
    NEWBIE
    Join Date
    July 9th, 2012
    Location
    Cork ,Ireland
    Posts
    1

    Re: Range Rover Sport - Help accessing the airbag module

    Quote Originally Posted by umbertob View Post
    I've never accessed that area, but it looks like fun... not.

    Start by removing the Terrain Response switchgear:[attachment=3:10yvwjux]ridehandlingswitchremove.pdf[/attachment:10yvwjux]
    Then remove the floor console upper panel:[attachment=2:10yvwjux]floorconsoleupperpanelremove.pdf[/attachment:10yvwjux]
    Finally, remove the lower floor console and you will gain access to the restraints control module:[attachment=1:10yvwjux]floorconsoleremoval.pdf[/attachment:10yvwjux][attachment=0:10yvwjux]rcmremoval.pdf[/attachment:10yvwjux]
    Hi there im in the process of changing the dash in my range Rover Sport as both bags are off , i have some of it stripped but it looks like as if the dash is in two pieces - top and bottom and im wondering could i get away with only removing the top piece ? The new dash is not due for another two weeks so i have nothing to look at . You don't have any information about removal of the dash or replacing airbags please by any chance ?

  11. #10
    NEWBIE
    Join Date
    August 21st, 2012
    Location
    Slough
    Posts
    1

    Re: Range Rover Sport - Help accessing the airbag module

    Hi Mate I need to change my air bag module aswell, can you tell me exactly where it's located. I have taken the cEntre covers out by the gear lever can't see it any where. Do I have to take out the centre box aswell??
    Quote Originally Posted by LoubyLou View Post
    Hi, I hope someone can help us. We have a Range Rover Sport 2005 and need to access the airbag module that is located in the centre consul in front of the gear lever. We have tried but are having trouble removing the centre consul to access it and do not want to force it in case we break the consul. Can anyone tell us how to remove the centre consul to access the airbag module? Many thanks in advance.

Similar Threads

  1. Can airbag module be re-used?
    By NCRangie in forum Range Rover Mark II / P38
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: March 17th, 2011, 12:56 AM
  2. Help with Audio Connect Module for my 2006 Range Rover
    By neechie in forum Range Rover Sport / L320
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: December 8th, 2009, 10:22 PM
  3. Airbag Module Replacement
    By GRC in forum Range Rover Mark II / P38
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: October 17th, 2009, 11:11 AM
  4. Has Anyone Replaced the Passenger Airbag Module?
    By gill964 in forum Range Rover Mark II / P38
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: February 22nd, 2007, 03:30 AM
  5. 2007 Range Rover AUDIO CONNECTIVITY MODULE
    By joshboi99 in forum Range Rover Mark III / L322
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: February 13th, 2007, 01:09 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2