Range Rovers Forum banner

Anyone Have Pictures...

3K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  TriGem2k 
#1 ·
...of a 2010 RRS HSE that has the side skirts / bumpers / doorhandles painted color coded to the rest of the car?
I am going to do it and did it on my old 06 and it looked killer. Just wondering how it looks on the 2010 especially on the front bumper with the two plastic pieces going thru the middle of it. I've googled it and have found nothing.

#2 ·
I've come up with a pretty good image of how the paint will look. The one on the left is obviously how it looks now... I took the one on the left and put my current wheels on it and did the paint the way I'd like to have it done. the right pic is just the finished product...how it should come out. Buckingham blue all around except for the middle front. the black plastic under the grille will be painted santorini black. Microsoft paint...and I only wasted a couple hours! Painting starts Monday...

#5 ·
Trigem... Do you have any pics you can send me of the front? truck looks awesome btw.
really want to see how the front looks totally color coded. Also, doesnt appear you have any kit on yours?

#6 ·
Car is not kitted....yet. I'm waiting for the Autobiography kit...

I don't have any pictures handy but I can snap some for you later today.

The color coding is the single sweetest mod you can do to a rover

#8 ·
Nupe, at the time of my purchase the Autobiography had not been annouced yet. I got my Rover October 19 2009. I originally was planning on picking up a 2010 Superchaged however every dealer I visited in the SoCal area at the time had a minimum 10k mark up on the S/C model which I refused to pay. One dealer thought waiving the 10k markup for me was a "steal".. HAHAHA. I ended up getting about 3k off the MSRP of my HSE and I'm happy.

I haven't ordered the Autobiography kit yet however the full kit consists of a new front bumper, rear bumper, top rear spoiler and exhaust system....it also has the same side claddings but painted which I already painted. I'll probably do it in stages starting with the front bumper. The entire kit is something like $6k if not marked up.

#9 ·
Trigem. More pics would be great thanks!! I painted the trim on my old 06 and LOVED it. Wondering how the front of the 10 looks painted.

#11 ·
trigem... i noticed you didnt do your handles. I tried taking mine off last night thinking that there would be a plug for the sensor but there was none. the wires went all the way inside the door to where you cant even take it out by pulling off the door panel. what a pain in the ass... Think i might just leave them alone and paint everything else. Have you considered painting the area in the front below the grill and your handles?

#12 ·
Red, I thought about the handles and to be honest I didn't want to be the the first to try it since I'm not 100% sure how the sensors on them work. I was hoping someone does it before me :)

The the center bar in the bumper is infact painted on my car. I had it matched to the grey color of the grill. Its normally a faded black color. I may at some point paint it again along with the grill surround if/when I do the handles. I was thinking hyper silver just like the RANGE ROVER on the hood.

#13 ·
Tri...thats a great idea actually! I may do the same thing. thought about making the part under the grille, black. but matching the silver in the grille itself might look better.
as for the handles, i took one off and thought it would be like the jag where there is a clip/plug right there where the wires meet the handle. Wrong... The wires go inside the door so i took off the door panel and the wires disappeared under some metal and other stuff. I think i'm going to leave it alone. be nice to have some contrast on the side. so i wont paint the handles or the bottom half of the mirrors. should be getting my side moldings back today. I'll post some pics.

#14 ·
Tri...btw, do you have the paint code used for that hyper silver? if not, how did you match it?

#15 ·
Red I haven't painted it Hyper Silver yet... It's currently painted to match the gray surround around the grill. I'm not 100% sure but I don't think hyper silver has many variances. If you look at the picture of a 2010 Autobiography the lower part of the spoiler is painted hyper silver as well. You may be able to have a body shop look that up.

My buddy owns a high end shop here in SoCal that does all the work for Land Rover Encino and Hornburg Land Rover so hes got all the codes I would need. I just tell him what I want and he gets it done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.