Range Rovers Forum banner

Dynamic Response fluid no symptoms

11K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Klassykappa 
#1 ·
Will low dynamic response fluid in the reservoir cause your suspension not to lift?

#2 ·
No. There must be some other issue with the air-suspension.
- Dynamic Response, I read;

Dynamic Response is designed to reduce the risk of rollover during tight turns. In the past, rollovers have been a major concern for many sport/utility vehicles. The reason behind this is simple: SUVs have a high center of gravity. Because of their height, high-speed maneuvering into tight corners can sometimes cause the vehicle to tip and roll. This problem is usually corrected by changing driving styles and maneuvering at lower speeds. The Range Rover Sport, however, is designed as a high-performance SUV. To maintain this performance, the Dynamic Response system was added.

How It Works

The Dynamic Response system works by sensing high-speed cornering forces and acting to compensate. The system is controlled by a computer. Sensors throughout the vehicle constantly measure G-forces, the forces affecting the SUV during tight cornering. These signals are sent to the computer. When cornering forces begin to roll the vehicle, the system automatically adjusts the air-spring suspension. This compensates for the roll and reduces pitch.

How This Helps

The Dynamic Response system is designed to adjust automatically, without driver input. Without this technology, a driver would have to constantly adjust his speed and cornering to keep the SUV on the road. Dynamic Response changes this, letting drivers focus on the road instead of worrying about managing rollover risk. The system also helps during off-road use. If terrain requires extended wheel travel, the computer can loosen the suspension and give the wheels more freedom. Vehicles usually have suspensions tuned for either on-road or off-road handling, but not both. On the Range Rover, however, the Dynamic Response allows the driver to master both conditions.

#3 ·
Ok. Then the only problem it could be is ride height sensors. Is there a way to tell if they have gone bad? If one goes down will car not lift? I'm getting suspension fault and red lift icon on instrument panel. Pump has been replaced, no leaks in air bags, both valves cleaned. Only thing left is height sensors. My navi screen isn't working and dealer is over 100 miles. Any suggestions?

#5 ·
When it comes to height sensors "they" do go bad. You may have one that failed but they are not all going to fail. Your only two options are to purchase your own diagnostic gear or visit an equipped shop. As you are in LA I can guarantee there will be an indie shop closer than 100 miles. There is no reason to visit an actual dealer, especially with an older rig... of course we have to guess what year and model you have as you have no signature set up... hint... hint.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.