Range Rovers Forum banner

Front Windows Will Not Roll Down

130K views 89 replies 41 participants last post by  crystyle39 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I got into my car today, and the front windows will not roll down, both driver side and passenger side. Both of the rear work, even from the driver's control. I checked the fuses and they seem ok. Is there a relay for the front windows? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have an '06 HSE.

Thanks

#82 ·
Dealing with the same issue now, but on the front passenger side. All other windows work. Tried the black wire splice, fuses etc and still no luck. Took it to an LR indy in Dallas, they tied swapping out the regulator and switch and still did not work. They think it's wiring back to the cjb, but unwilling to tackle the job
Any other thoughts what it could be, before I start taking all the panels out, to figure this out - something I may be missing??

#83 ·
I am about to do this job. I just replaced the drain tubes in all four corners just after the drivers window stopped working. I have been into the wiring loom on the passengers side, that black cover is no joke. I think I found the correct set of wires, just need to get back in there to solder.

#88 ·
I have access to the wiring loom on the right hand side. There is one set of 3 wires that are purple/white that were corroded but I am unable to locate the slate/black wires. I have separated each of the wires, going through methodically. The only other spliced set are black/green. Any suggestions here? This is a 2009 NA build. TIA!

#90 ·
Hey guys, I got into my car today, and the front windows will not roll down, both driver side and passenger side. Both of the rear work, even from the driver's control. I checked the fuses and they seem ok. Is there a relay for the front windows? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have an '06 HSE. Thanks
I have this problem now. Only my front 2 windows won’t wind down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.