oil in my coolant reservoir of my Sport 2005
NEWS

1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: oil in my coolant reservoir of my Sport 2005

FRESHMAN ROVER

oil in my coolant reservoir of my Sport 2005

I have oil in my coolant reservoir of my Range Rover Sport 2005 . I would like to know where is it come from? Could it just be some oil cooler leaks to water system, cause it has higher pressure than coolant system or some other coolers from the suspension dynamic system. My engine oil is clean ( no water in there), or is it the head gasket or it might be something else entirely ..

Note: this issue has happened while the car is running in ideal at the garage. there was no indication of over heating the engine. temperature indicator still show normal values even now when I start the engine with the current failure condition. but the oil will be flowing to my coolant reservoir.

please Gide me to investigate this issue ,I hope it is NOT the head gasket.

with my best regards ,,,
    Kredegh.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

JUNIOR ROVER

Re: oil in my coolant reservoir of my Sport 2005

Found this on a google search

head gasket is when water is in oil which is not that expensive if the engine does not otherheat . If you drive your car and water temperature doesn't go over 100 degrees then your headgasket is ok .And this mean you can have these 2 problems
    1. Oil cooler
    2. Crack in the Block
    If is oil cooler it's easy to change and after you need to clean your water cooling system,after couple good washes(means 10+ ,drain water add new one clean the reservoiar) you change thermostat and water pomp .
    If is the block crack then is cheaper to find another engine instead of repair .

and this from the repair manual

There are two engine oil coolers working in parallel. The first engine oil cooler is fed coolant from the bottom hose. Coolant is diverted from between the radiator and the thermostat, directed to the cooler and then returned to the bottom hose. The second oil cooler is cooled by air and is mounted in front of the right hand wheel.
    2009 RRS S/C

FRESHMAN ROVER

thank you for your information Arby,

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Saw oil by this hose yesterday. Wondering if this is a potential issue? Seems like oil is leaking down the radiator too.
    oil in my coolant reservoir of my Sport 2005-radiator-2.jpg
    2006 RRS HSE |Java Black | DFW-TX

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.