HELP!!Range rover sport custom made tail lights(black/clear)
NEWS

1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HELP!!Range rover sport custom made tail lights(black/clear)

FRESHMAN ROVER

HELP!!Range rover sport custom made tail lights(black/clear)

Hey i just ordered these taillights from member Jbrac25 and he did do a great job , however theres condensation in the light. I thought that was the only issue until it started raining!!! The taillight had a bit of water in it too, which I used a hair dryer to get out . However now I have small rain spots in the inner lens . While I was drying it the water was just seaping through the bond. I went around the entire units in black silicone. One side( the left) has a bit less condensation now...however, the right one still has a fair amount of condensation. The water marks I can live with, however getting water into my tail lights I can't! Is there anyway I can take a more advance way on sealing them? Can i clean the rain marks on the inner lens somehow rather than opening the whole unit? Also can the gray caps on the back be covered? So its air tight...Since i covered both with tape on the right side. please help, streeeeeeeeesssed .

PS: sorry about the pictures, just got off work and they were the last things I wanted to look at!

Im not bringing down Jeffs work at all. Like i said I like how it looks the only issues are those of the above listed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HELP!!Range rover sport custom made tail lights(black/clear)-img_0273.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: HELP!!Range rover sport custom made tail lights(black/clear)

NVm, jeffs going to resolve the issue!!

If you want anything done to your lights or whatever give Jeff a try hes great and backs up his work!!!

darrinturner

Wow I have never seen Jeff's work before, but those are looking the part

Premium Member

Jeff is indeed a true artisan...top quality work. All of the items I got from him now almost 3 years ago are still in perfect shape.
    PJPR - 06 Cairns Blue RRS HSE (180K miles!)

FRESHMAN ROVER

I got black and clear tail lights from jbrac 2 years ago...he did a great job making them and I haven't experienced any problems...why don't you contact jeff about them instead of posting on here...you might get a little further that way

FRESHMAN ROVER

Hey just got them all re-sealed and they seem air tight since I blew air through the light socket and it filled such as a balloon. However, theres still condensation when I turn on the lights. The fog/steam only shows-up when the vechiles lights are on. I put tape around the light sockets and have taped off the gray vents with tape to see what happens. However, the light still has fog in it. The fog dosent stay there for long and evaporates after 30mins of parking the vechile inorders or outdoors. If you have any suggestions please let me know since its annoying. Thank you

FRESHMAN ROVER

Hey,
    I wanted to know where I can get my tail lights like that,
    I currently have them all blacked out, but I love the way your tail lights look!!
    Great JOb!

This is what my tail lights look like now
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HELP!!Range rover sport custom made tail lights(black/clear)-9ja.jpg  

FRESHMAN ROVER

yea there awesome and totally give the back of the suv a newer look.

Premium Member

Aren't the lights factory vented to the atmosphere? I know my headlights are...

FRESHMAN ROVER

I have a question that matters to some but not all. When you clear out the tail lights are they legal?

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by schubox66
    I have a question that matters to some but not all. When you clear out the tail lights are they legal?
    Yes, but to keep from being rear ended or pulled over I'd suggest using the proper red/amber colored bulbs to make it easier for the people behind you to see you brake and turn.

Quote Originally Posted by schubox66
    Depends on what you mean. Of course this may vary by state, but I believe most if not all, require a red and/or maybe amber reflector on the read end; most states also have this for the front end, but only being amber. That said, for the Sport, if you are only clearing out the amber round turn signal indicator and it still flashes amber or red when turned on, you should be ok, because there is still red reflector at the bottom of the assembly IIRC.

'07 RRS
    '03 325i
    '94 GSX

Hey, Im interested in buying those tailamp. Could you tell me the price, and where to buy it. thanks.

FRESHMAN ROVER

jbrac just colormatched my headlights and installed LEDs and Halos. His work is flawless, and his prices are reasonable.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: HELP!!Range rover sport custom made tail lights(black/cl

Quote Originally Posted by mc90
    Hey, Im interested in buying those tailamp. Could you tell me the price, and where to buy it. thanks.
    Anyone have info on this?
    06 Range Rover Sport Stormer Ed.
    - proud member of Cars of Norway

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.