Suspension Fault warning indicator
NEWS

1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Suspension Fault warning indicator

FRESHMAN ROVER

Suspension Fault warning indicator

Has anyone experienced this warning yet? If so what was done to fix it? Mine went on today. :( Thanks in advance for any replys.
    '06 RRS SC BLACK ON BLACK ON BLACK 22' HRE'S

2. Remove Advertisements
    RangeRovers.net
    Advertisements

The general consensus from this and other RRS forums seems to be to ignore the message if it goes away and does not reappear the next few times you "reboot" the system (restart the car). There have been several owners reporting that this message appeared once and never reoccurred again, perhaps due to some sort of malfunction or false reading during the initial self-check. If the message reappears often however (or if your suspensions DO act up ) you may want to have your dealer check the compressor asap.

FWIW, I have never seen such message in my 11,000-miles old Sport.

I think 1ton had this message on her Sport not long ago and brought the car to the dealer for a checkup shortly thereafter, perhaps she can chime in with her experience.

New to our forum? Do NOT click here!

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Thanks umberto for the quick reply. I see ur a local from Pasadena why arent u at the game? :) Anyway I did call the dealer and they said to bring it in. I did a reboot a couple of times and it disappeared but then I did it again and it re-appeared. Hope it's nuttin big and just a lil glitch.

11,000 miles already. WOW alot of driving.
    I have 1100 and already got this damm message. :(

SOLIHULL ROVER
    Quote Originally Posted by RZARVRSPRT S/C
    Thanks umberto for the quick reply. I see ur a local from Pasadena why arent u at the game? Anyway I did call the dealer and they said to bring it in. I did a reboot a couple of times and it disappeared but then I did it again and it re-appeared. Hope it's nuttin big and just a lil glitch.

11,000 miles already. WOW alot of driving.
    I have 1100 and already got this damm message.
    If it is amber it is probably not a big deal and will probably self correct but if it comes on again and again you are right to bring it in. If it is red then that is a more serious fault and you should definetly bring it in.

FRESHMAN ROVER
    I had that same error in my RRS. After I restarted the car, I have not seen that message again. Kind of odd. I did mention to the dealership, not sure if they did anything when my car was at the service dept though.

FRESHMAN ROVER
    ive gotten the amber warning light several times in my rrs. usually it goes off when i restart the vehicle. occasionally it comes on when i first start the vehicle or when driving. i took it to my dealership a couple of times after i had turn off an they told me it was a glitch. finally the third time i took it in. i had them check it out while doing my 7500 mile maintance. now im waiting to get a new air compressor unit to be delivered and put in. so you might want to have it checked out.

FRESHMAN ROVER
    HKS_DC2

Which amber warning light did you get? Orange or Red? Any messages?

I see you have a Turbo Integra 8) ......I too use to race Hondas back in the day :)

FRESHMAN ROVER
    it was the orange warning light. followed by suspension normal mode only. or something to that effect.

yea i still have my honda but i broke it again and in stead of fixing it i bought my rrs instead.=) ill eventually get back to after i do some stuff to my sport.

FRESHMAN ROVER
    same problem-for the first time(3000) miles-but-and here's the but-I did not let the system check finish on starting the vehicle-pulled off-restart-no problem-I am sure there is some self check data piece that gets overwritten if sys check is not completed/
    RRS 2006
    Grey
    Lux
    PTI

FRESHMAN ROVER
    That theory is completely bogus. Waiting to turn it over for System Check message to go away, and I still get the same problem.

I agree with Cabby, I have over 13,000 miles on my Sport, never paid any attention to the "self check" message and never had any issues with suspension fault warning lights. The one and only oddity I experieced a couple of weeks ago was competely unrelated (nav and system voices would not work, but started working again the next time I restarted the car.) I also noticed that the car goes through its self check routine whether you operate the starter right away or not, so waiting seems to make no difference. These hiccups are probably software related, but this "wait for the self check to complete and you will be alright" theory sounds more like wishful thinking.

New to our forum? Do NOT click here!

SOLIHULL ROVER
    Quote Originally Posted by umbertob
    I agree with Cabby, I have over 13,000 miles on my Sport, never paid any attention to the "self check" message and never had any issues with suspension fault warning lights. The one and only oddity I experieced a couple of weeks ago was competely unrelated (nav and system voices would not work, but started working again the next time I restarted the car.) I also noticed that the car goes through its self check routine whether you operate the starter right away or not, so waiting seems to make no difference. These hiccups are probably software related, but this "wait for the self check to complete and you will be alright" theory sounds more like wishful thinking.
    It probably can't hurt though. You really should turn the key just to on for a couple of seconds to let the Fuel pump presurize the fuel system. I have always done this on every car seems to make cold starts a little easier.

JUNIOR ROVER
    We have both a RR Sport and an LR3 (wife's car - needless to say the dealership loves us) and had a suspension indicator problem with hers going off while on vacation in the NC mountains. We had just picked the car up that week. It went off like seven times while on the Blueridge Parkway...talk about being nervous at 3500 feet. I called the service manager who said it would be fine. Basically they had to completely replace the computer module in the LR3 to fix it. They had the car for about eight or nine days to get the parts in. Good news is that we have not had any issues whatsoever since! I would ask them about doing that if it is persistant.

FRESHMAN ROVER
    I have had the orange light come on, but only when I am cornering really hard and fast, happened in Lake Tahoe as well, in the snow and Ice, but again only when I push it. The amber light will blink. Normal though.
    RRS SC
    Black, White Int. 22'' Stormers
    "Executive Recruiting at it's Best"
    http://www.bcsresources.com