Rear Clunking - Everything is tight - Page 2
NEWS

1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rear Clunking - Everything is tight

Re: Rear Clunking - Everything is tight

Would anyone know which fuse I should pull in my 2010 RRS SC to deactivate the ACE system?
    2010 Range Rover Sport SC - Santorini Black with Ebony Interior (sold)
    2017 Range Rover Sport HSE - Corris Grey with Ebony/Cirrus Interior

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Just wanted to send an update for future people searching the forum. The problem was the stabilizer bar links. They were not worn too badly, but under certain angles/speeds/bumps, they would be noisy. When the truck was lifted everything appeared completely tight. It was discovered after a technician got under the truck while it was on the ground, and a couple guys rocked the truck back and forth.

Happy to report that everything is nice and quiet!

JUNIOR ROVER

Excellent, thanks for reporting back. I have a new set of end links which I have not bothered to put on, because when I had them loose for bushing replacement they felt tight as old heck. I will replace mine when it warms up outside.
    2009 RRS S/C

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

JUNIOR ROVER

Crossed my mind today while out in my RR that what probably happened was that one of the end links were not tightened properly. It happened to me after changing the front bushings. A couple of days later a clunk started that got progressively louder. Since I already had new end links, I jacked up the front wheel to begin repalcing the links. To my surprise the link nut was not tight. Not sure how that happened, but easy to see that it could since you need to lock the knuckle bolt with a Torx bit. The knuckles themselves are in some kind of hard urethane and hard to see that they could make a loud enough sound that another driver would comment on it, but a loose nut does cause a loud metal to metal knock.
    I can see how it happens. These guys like myself are using impact guns. When you remove the nut it becomes apparent that the bolt is spinning and needs to be held, but later when buttoning everything up, you use the gun and forget that the bolt needs to be restrained.
    2009 RRS S/C

Quote Originally Posted by CapeCod View Post
    Just wanted to send an update for future people searching the forum. The problem was the stabilizer bar links. They were not worn too badly, but under certain angles/speeds/bumps, they would be noisy. When the truck was lifted everything appeared completely tight. It was discovered after a technician got under the truck while it was on the ground, and a couple guys rocked the truck back and forth.

Happy to report that everything is nice and quiet!
    Hey CapeCod, I think I might have the same thing happening on my '08. Did you have to replace the stabilizer bar links or just tighten them up? Thank you for your response in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by msh26 View Post
    Hey CapeCod, I think I might have the same thing happening on my '08. Did you have to replace the stabilizer bar links or just tighten them up? Thank you for your response in advance!
    Replaced them

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.