Range Rovers Forum banner

Battery Replacement, no factory reset needed...

8K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  grasshopper 
#1 ·
Thanks to this forum and another thread, I replaced my 2010 Sport S/C battery and did not reset the battery as the dealership claims you must for $150 (1 hr labor). One service adviser said I needed to a few weeks ago. I spoke to another service adviser who was really pleasant on the phone, and I flat out asked him if it was necessary for them to reset the car. His answer no. Just make sure you have your pit crew ready and switch it out within a few minutes or I could have issues. Bada boom... no issues!

Disclosure.. It worked for my 2010. Will it work for yours... not sure. But I have no faults, all the electrical is good.. as if nothing happened. Figure I'd share if your in the same boat.. most of these rides are hitting 60K miles or so.. about when the battery starts to fail.

#4 ·
Welllll,,,, maybe,,,, maybe not. But as long as you're up & running, that's the good part. The going batteries now for our vehicles are H8 (group size 49) which are better batteries spec wise, & which you can actually get cheaper than $180. But like I say, as long as you're worry free about your battery, that's the good part!..

#5 ·
yeah i just picked up a duralast platinum H8-AGM battery for $179.99 plus tax with 3 year free replacement from autozone yesterday.. after installing nothing seemed to be wrong electrically but i went ahead and did the battery replacement reset with my IIDtool anyway.. my old battery tested good but would intermittenly not be able to start with 1 attempt of the keyless start.. the dealership quoted me $280 for a new battery with 2 year prorated warranty..

#6 ·
Battery on my 2009 RRS is acting up, original battery, 80K miles. Is the H8 "plug and play"? That is the terminals are all in the right place, correct side, hold downs work, drain plugs in (if that is still necessary)? Thanks much.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.