Rough Estimate: How much to rewire engine compartment???
NEWS

1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rough Estimate: How much to rewire engine compartment???

FRESHMAN ROVER

Rough Estimate: How much to rewire engine compartment???

Hey guys,

I have a 1993 RR LWB with 170,000 miles ,and the engine compartment is a little shaggy.
    Much of the wiring under the hood is frayed/corroded/worn/dirty.

I know this may be completely unanswerable, but does anyone have a "guesstimate" as to how much it would be to replace all/most of the wiring under the hood?

Again.....its a shot in the dark, but let me know what you think.

Thanks
    1993 "roman bronze" RR LWB
    http://www.hollerwildrose.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

SOPHOMORE ROVER
    It cost me 1,000 USD to get a burned out wire sorted- it shorted out from passenger footwell to the fuse box-whole dash was supposedly taken apart.

SOPHOMORE ROVER
    There are two different harnesses under the bonnet, the EFI harness and the main harness. The EFI harness extends from the injectors to the O2 sensors and various other sensors back through the bulkhead, along the left side of the passenger console to the ECU under the passenger seat. It is a faily straight forward job requiring the removal of some of the top end of the motor to gain proper access. I would imagine that parts like the blower motor under the psssenger side of the dash might have to be removed as well. I'm guessing but I would have to think you are taking about at least three or four hours for that harness.

The main harness runs along both inner fenders and has wiring for everything from the fog lights to the ABS pump, condensor fans, ect. It would be an absolute nightmare to replace the entire main harness as the dash would need to be completely removed. If you were to splice in new lines from the bulkhead forward it would be a far more doable job. Nevertheless, you would have a few hours of labor there as well.