ABS to non ABS?
NEWS

1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ABS to non ABS?

SOPHOMORE ROVER

ABS to non ABS?

hey guys i am sure u spoke about this before, but since i am new to rovers i dont have any info, is it posible to convert abs 1990 model to be non abs?

tnx

Eric
    few REAL HUMMER H1s
    few REAL RANGE ROVERs
    ZO6, and DB9

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KEqxgyULTg

2. Remove Advertisements
    RangeRovers.net
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: ABS to non ABS?

I assume you want to do that because another POS pump motor has burnt itself to oblivion? I've had one original and two Ebay specials so far and at the moment the brakes work. The ABS light never goes out but the brakes work.

I too will be interested in knowledgable responses.

Thanx in advance
    1990 RRC, 1992 RRC

I know of atleast two people that have used older model booster and master cylinder to ditch their ABS. One gent had flex lines made up to screw onto the existing brake lines and up to the "new" master cylinder.
    Why don’t you ever see hippopotamus hiding in trees? ...because they’re REALLY good at it.

FRESHMAN ROVER

It is possible and many have done it. I think you can use all the bits form an 87 and Defender calipers. I did have a PDF on how to do it and i will try to dig it up for you.
    1991 Range Rover Great Divide #372

SOPHOMORE ROVER

Theres a long post on this if you do a search. I have a 93 w abs and a 92 without, seems like an easy swap except for conversion from dual lines to rear to single line. there is a junction adapter on pass fender well that does this, this setup is common on newer Discos so the part is available from dealer. I've seen vaccume booster and master cyl for $250 each rebuilt on ebay. There is a big difference in braking power, abs brakes have much more solid feel and better ease of operation compared to master cyl setup.