Range Rovers Forum banner

Roof rack and ladder search

6K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Lockettc 
#1 ·
Hello all, I'm after a expedition roof rack for my 1994 Range Rover V8 softdash on air for an overland trip im planning. Top of the list at the moment is a front runner slimline2. Am I good to go with this roof rack or should I be looking at something else. Does anyone know where to get an access ladder from for getting onto the rack?

Many thanks

Jonny

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

#3 ·
I love my ARB w/ steel mesh floor. Strong enough to walk on or use as photo platform. Ladders are another issue. I'll probably need to get one fabbed, but the tailgate provides decent footing while grabbing the ARB to pull myself up. Makes the ladder less important.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Hey pl626, sorry to go off subject, but I'll be moving to Alexandria in late July and plan to bring my new to me 87 RRC.

As for roof racks I have the ARB like you on my FJ60 Land Cruiser and I love it. The pros are that it is well built, gutter mounted, and can haul a ton of stuff, but the cons are that it is heavy. I bought a lift to take mine off and on.

Here is a pic of my ARB with the swing out tire carrier and ladder; my other post just below this one has a pic of my RRC with the hannibal rack. Not sure of anyone makes a setup for the Range Rover, but I'm sure any custom fab shop would make one. This on was made by SROR (solid rock off road).

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.