My rear has gone rotten.... What lights are available?
NEWS

1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My rear has gone rotten.... What lights are available?

My rear has gone rotten.... What lights are available?

Picked the new old 1988 Range Rover up on Monday and the brake lamp didn't work on the right.... finally got the lens off and found a blown bulb and water... thought that I'd get LED's and seal the lens, BUT the LED's don't like the rusty bulb holders, and I've just discovered that rear lamp assemblies are as rare as rocking horse manure

They have to be E marked and have amber flasher, fog and a reflector, although that can be stuck on the rear somewhere else if needed!
    Last edited by RRToadHall; February 9th, 2017 at 05:56 AM. Reason: political profanity removed

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

SOPHOMORE ROVER

Re: My rear has gone rotten.... What lights are available?

you're in the uk, there are so many suppliers on that side of the pond I'm sure a little search will bring your light. paddock spares is one of them.

I hate to say this but they are no longer available, you can get the lenses, foam seals but the metal part of the light is no longer made... and that's the bit that doesn't like water! Hence this post.. I was wondering if anyone has upgraded theirs.....

And on a totally different note I have lost one of the screws that hold the lens on, the rusty little git is camouflaged on the ground that it fell on and my eyes don't work as well as they did, and then just to add to the misery it started to snow.... so there are 2 chances of finding it.... Bob Hope and No Hope !

Does anyone know what thread they are? Land Rover don't list them.....

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

SOPHOMORE ROVER

not too often seen but some guys have retrofitted l322 tail lights on to classics, at least one has retrofitted l322 headlights on a classic. not sure how much metal work is involved, just another venue...

I've just got rid of an L322, and I think that I can honestly say that the rear lights are the most over priced poorly constructed lights that I have ever come across.... The quality of the "welding", (in inverted commas because I have my doubts.. acts gore like paper glued) is such that it isn't uncommon for lights to fog up on cars that are less than a year old, cos the weld has failed at the top.

I wasn't actually trying to make the RRC in to an L322, I prefer the lines of a Classic, I've always wanted one since I first laid eyes on one in 1970, and really wanted one after I got a ride in one in 1972! What staggers me is you can buy just about every bit for a Classic, except a complete rear light cluster, and I don't suppose that the front running / indicator lamp is any different to the rears! And these are the most vulnerable bits to rust / electrolytic action......

Anyhow I've cornered the market on S/H reasonably priced metal bits, and I have also brought some new bulb holders, I've just got to combine the 2 and create a good earth in the process... If that doesn't work, I also have a large consignment of flat panel LED's coming from China, with a plan to hack up the reflector and fit the flat LED's!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.