My first Range Rover Classic Project - '95 County LWB - Page 4
NEWS

1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: My first Range Rover Classic Project - '95 County LWB

Re: My first Range Rover Classic Project - '95 County LWB

Quote Originally Posted by grnole View Post
    did the same thing.... ended up sending it to bill he said i didnt do the best job...
    LOL, he's a perfectionist and a fountain of knowledge. I trust him to do everything the right way...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cheers,

pc

'95 RRC SWB Alpine White
    '95 RRC LWB Avalon Blue - Sold
    '06 E350 Sport
    '87 HD FLST with '02 Fatboy sheetmetal
    '02 Hobie Getaway

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

My first Range Rover Classic Project - '95 County LWB

Christmas in March! Look what finally made it through customs....

Turner Engineering 4.2L with performance cam and gas flowed heads. Now the real fun begins.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RRToadHall; April 11th, 2017 at 05:35 PM.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Have fun with the engine rebuild. Are you planning to remap the ecu with the new cam and heads?

Cheers, Steve

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Ooooooooooooooo that looks nice!
    Kevin
    88 RRC "Audrey"

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by Stevehg View Post
    Have fun with the engine rebuild. Are you planning to remap the ecu with the new cam and heads?

Cheers, Steve
    Great question, from what I read on another solid post on the 14CUX EFI, it sounds like it should be able to self adjust to the mild cam change (the one provided by Turner was right at the limit of what it said the stock program could handle) and other changes (within reason) to intake and exhaust. That said, I'd love to hear what others have found.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Suspension is mostly done!

Installed OME springs and shocks along with new bushings, panhard rod, etc.

Attachment 223241My first Range Rover Classic Project - '95 County LWB-img_0253.jpgMy first Range Rover Classic Project - '95 County LWB-img_0252.jpgMy first Range Rover Classic Project - '95 County LWB-img_0251.jpgMy first Range Rover Classic Project - '95 County LWB-img_0248.jpgMy first Range Rover Classic Project - '95 County LWB-img_0246.jpgMy first Range Rover Classic Project - '95 County LWB-img_0254.jpg

I got the ploy bushing kit from AB, but it didn't seem to come with any bushings for the rear A frame... Anyone else have experience with these bushings and top link? It looks like they're part NTC1773, but not sure about the toplink or the self-leveling unit. My truck has been the air suspension removed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My first Range Rover Classic Project - '95 County LWB-img_0247.jpg  

FRESHMAN ROVER

Up next, engine, transfer case and LSD rear diff...

With most of the rust remediation and suspension work done, we'll be turning focus to the drivetrain this week... Pulled a compression check on the old engine and they weren't too bad - 125 to 150. Since the new long block was from Turner in England, I get to keep the core and will have a spare

Plan is to pull the engine, trans, transfer case and rear diff this week. Then we'll begin to rebuild the long block with all new hoses, rebuilt injectors, and other key accessories or anything found to be lacking. From there, install the engine, rebuilt trans, transfer case and LSD rear diff from Ashcroft.

My first Range Rover Classic Project - '95 County LWB-img_1015.jpgMy first Range Rover Classic Project - '95 County LWB-img_0224.jpgMy first Range Rover Classic Project - '95 County LWB-img_0223.jpg

Wow! The only thing you're missing is a galvy chassis (well EAS, but you've never experienced it...). Great job so far!

Cheers,

pc

'95 RRC SWB Alpine White
    '06 E350 Sport
    '02 Hobie Getaway

FRESHMAN ROVER

Thanks! I am considering Waxoyl, but since I'm in the South I'm not too worried. On another note, do you have any thoughts on need to do rear A frame bushings as well? I think AB sells them now that I look gain, but only in rubber. I'm thinking... why not, I've come this far.
    Quote Originally Posted by pl626 View Post
    Wow! The only thing you're missing is a galvy chassis (well EAS, but you've never experienced it...). Great job so far!

Quote Originally Posted by jeffwm View Post
    Thanks! I am considering Waxoyl, but since I'm in the South I'm not too worried. On another note, do you have any thoughts on need to do rear A frame bushings as well? I think AB sells them now that I look gain, but only in rubber. I'm thinking... why not, I've come this far.
    Exactly. I was going to say something about the polybush, but didn't want rain on your parade. As your build is to get a reliable daily driver, OEM rubber bush is far better than the poly. Poly is easier to install, but you still need a press. The OEM bushings will outlast the poly, but are a PITA to work.

Cheers,

pc

'95 RRC SWB Alpine White
    '06 E350 Sport
    '02 Hobie Getaway

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by pl626 View Post
    Exactly. I was going to say something about the polybush, but didn't want rain on your parade. As your build is to get a reliable daily driver, OEM rubber bush is far better than the poly. Poly is easier to install, but you still need a press. The OEM bushings will outlast the poly, but are a PITA to work.

Really? That's interesting as everyone seems to talk up poly - AB, etc. I've never heard OEM will last longer, just that they may be softer - which is why I went with medium.

Thanks for the info. I'm locked in now, but will share my experience. We did have to press them in as you say, so I'm not sure that should deter anyone from OEM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.