What did you do to your Classic today? - Page 4
NEWS

1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 14 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your Classic today?

Re: What did you do to your Classic today?

whoah! did you make that? resistor pack
    04 Range Rover
    95 4.6 Range Rover 25th anniversary
    94 LWB 4.6 offroader
    87 RRC
    05 Jetta TDi wagon
    83 Rabbit Gti
    80 RX7
    17 Volvo XC 60

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

What did you do to your Classic today?

Replaced its fuel filter. After seeing what came out of the old Bosch filter when I smacked it on the paper towel a few times, I'm very happy she has a fresh one now.

I started experiencing a slight hesitation when applying the throttle after cold starts and had no idea when the fuel filter was last replaced, so I figured I'd give it a shot. Happy to report the hesitation went away and even feels a little peppier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by slohybrid View Post
    whoah! did you make that? resistor pack
    No, not this time. It is an Atlantic British one. I had previously bought the correct type resistors years ago and had planed to make one up, but the price of them in the UK has come down, making it easier to just buy one.
    1993 RRC 3.9 Vogue SE auto with air suspension, a Pre production P38a A 2004 Pre production Range Rover Sport and an '07 Freelander 2

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Managed to score a brand new full black carpet set for a LHD LWB. A dealer in the UK had it laying around.

FRESHMAN ROVER

That is a huge score!

SOPHOMORE ROVER

Discovered the old fuel tank has sprung a leak. The only 2 fluids NOT leaking are washer bottle and cooling system. Grrrrrr...weather isn't good here, gives me good excuse to drive the daughter's Disco.
    Illinois,USA
    '85 Classic 3.5L LT230/LT77 "Giraffe Chaser"
    '89 Classic 3.9L (sold)
    '96 Disco 1 SE7 4.0L "Oliver"
    '00 Mercury Villager
    '00 Jeep Cherokee Classic

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by argyle219 View Post
    Putting back together the top end after head gasket repair, new crower cam, and all new gaskets.

Attachment 175282

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    That looks sweet!

I hope mine ends up looking nice like that!

I notice you took the water pump assembly off the front. I've been told that is not needed. Did that need to come off to get the heads off?

Also, did you take your cylinder block out ?

Cheers,
    Alan

I don't think the front timing cover has to come off to take off the heads. I renewed as much as I could while everything was apart. No I didn't remove the block just a few cases of engine cleaner, a sonic cleaner, and OCD got it to that state. I would invest in a workshop manual too(under $100 on eBay), came in very handy during this job.

Didn't work on my classic, but a friend of mine bought a 1990 County that hasn't run in 6 years for $600 this past weekend. We vacuumed, pressure washed, and attempted to get it running. We found out the fuel pump is bad and hopefully we can get it running this weekend.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your Classic today?-image_1455718221954.jpg  

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by argyle219 View Post
    I don't think the front timing cover has to come off to take off the heads. I renewed as much as I could while everything was apart. No I didn't remove the block just a few cases of engine cleaner, a sonic cleaner, and OCD got it to that state. I would invest in a workshop manual too(under $100 on eBay), came in very handy during this job.

Well it sure looks good!

I did the worst thing possible to my 92 this week, I retired it as my daily driver and replaced with a lesser vehicle, I've gone from driving a tank to a toy, at least that's the way it feels.
    92 RRC

My soul has been Psychedelicized

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Replaced the sagging, impossible to source in the US hood insukation with some dynamat brand insulation. The ashasive backing isn't great. I brough the engine up to temp and let the material soak in the heat for a while before peeling the backing and pressing it in place with a wallpaper seam roller.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your Classic today?-image_1456069326827.jpg  

FRESHMAN ROVER

After a half term holiday, got the repaired heater unit back in and plumbed up. Refilled with coolant, then started putting the dash back together.

What did you do to your Classic today?-img_2310.jpg
    1993 RRC 3.9 Vogue SE auto with air suspension, a Pre production P38a A 2004 Pre production Range Rover Sport and an '07 Freelander 2

FRESHMAN ROVER

This weekend, new panhard rod bushes. The bolts were welded to the bushes with rust so I had to cut thebolts inside the brackets with an angle grinder and a 1,5mm disk then press the bushs out with a vice. Anyway, all done with some copper paste on the new bolts to prevent them rusting onto the bushes this time....With the new shocks, its a brand new car!..
    After getting the amended boot carpet back form the trim shop (the correct way up this time) i took a look under the sound insulation before putting it all back together. Bad news, the insulation was waterlogged - luckily, it had rusted its self a drain hole. So, next up is a new boot floor or at least, extensive repairs to the one in place. Now where did i put that welder..?

I drove it!

Almost two months of salted roads kept me form enjoying her. So, yesterday I took the family out for dinner and enjoyed a music-school fundraiser. Hit a little out-of the way restaurant via a network of unimproved roads, and smiled at my sister's comment on how nice the EAS rides...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 14 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.