Range Rovers Forum banner

1993 Range Rover County LWB Bringing Sexy Back

9K views 43 replies 12 participants last post by  getlost4x4 
#1 ·
So I purchased two RRC's for $900 the other day. Loaded them up on my Truck and hauled them home. I'm parting out the 1988 RRC with 148K miles. It ran before I removed its heart.

This is the 1993 LWB. I've always wanted one. Its in **** good shape, but has 192K miles.:???: I got it to start on Ether. The previous owner cut the fuel line at the filter for some dumbass reason. Who knows. So I've replaced the filter and lines. Now I need to get some gas in it, and hopefully the fuel pump will work. I've put 3.5 gallons in it so far. its not firing yet. I'm going to try another 2 gallons and see what happens before I pull the pump.

Some pictures of the exterior after I got her home.

See less See more
#2 ·
Checked all my fuses and the relay for the fuel pump. All checked fine. So I pulled the fuel pump for further testing. I thought the tank was empty due to the Empty reading on the gauge. It had a bunch of gas in it still. I checked the fuel pump with a 12V battery, it didn't make any noises so I assume its dead. I ordered a complete new unit from British Parts of Utah. I'll run down and pick it up today and have this beast running this afternoon. CAN"t wait to drive it!!!!!!

#5 ·
new fuel pump is in. it sounds great. it has a magnaflow muffler on it. mmmmm.

tried to drive it. but the transfer case chain must be broken./:(

luckily, i have another transfer case lying around. i think I'd rather put an lt230 in it though with a diff lock.

There is also a large oil leak around the oil pan. so I guess i'll be changing the oil and fixing that.

#6 ·
Got some more essentials finished up tonight. Oil pan had a major leak issue. So I pulled it and washed it in the parts washer. Then gave it a coat of paint.

Bottom end looks really good. No crap on the oil pick up screen.

Oil Pan all clean and ready to go back on.

Oil pan installed. A weird color, but i'll be easy to see if there is a leak.

#8 ·
I picked up some "new" wheels and tires yesterday for a steal. The white wheels just weren't doing it for me. these are 245/75/16's on a Disco Wheel.

I also Buffed and clay barred the paint. I'm loving this thing. I really need to clean my garage. Its a dam mess. I'm waiting for the titles to show up so I can haul the parts truck to the recycling place.

#10 ·
Okay. Today my left rear tail light showed up and I installed that. I also found this brush guard locally for a steal! Cleaned it up and gave it a nice paint job tonight. Then I had my wife give me a hand with the install.

#13 ·
I clay barred it and buffed it out. I've been taking a break from the transfer case. Its getting closer. Today I may finish up the t-case. Then reassemble the interior.

A couple of the back seat. The advantage of a LWB, comfortable seating for adults.

#14 ·
How's the rear cross-member? Have you peeled back the carpet in the loadspace or in front of the forward seats? I'm incredulous that you bought 2 RRC's for only $900.00. You've got quite the find for almost nothing! I paid >$900 just for the heated windscreen on my '95.

#15 ·
I've made back $600 already parting the other one out.:mrgreen: I'm fairly versed the in the art of the buy and art of jacking stuff up when I sell it. LOL

I pulled back the rear carpet when I did the fuel pump. no rust. just a little surface rust under the spare tire. I scuffed it up and used some rust converter on it. The underside is fairly clean. just a lot of surface rust. There must have been a large oil leak for awhile under there, because its coating in grease. I've mostly removed it all with my body when I was replacing the transfer case.

#19 ·
Just finished bolting the Transfercase in last night, adding some new fluids and then welding the exhaust system back together. Only burned myself a few times with welding sparks on my neck. Surprisingly no where else considering I was wearing a t-shirt. I just need to hook up the wires to the transfer case, and then reassemble the interior. Then I can finally take it for a drive.

Fresh fluids

#28 ·
That sound automatically comes in when you start the car and suppose to shut off after a few seconds. To stop the sound you have to disassemble the steering column and you will see just under the steering stalk a small black box that's plugged into another box . Unplug it and reassemble....sound gone...hope that helps.

#29 ·
So I had a few more small things to work on, one being the dash. The wood trim was not sitting very good. And the upper screw mounts were not attached to the wood anymore. I got out a little liquid nails and some really small screws to repair it. IT took all of 5 minutes to get the wood trim out and another to get it glued and screwed back together. Some pictures.

All finished up and reinstalled.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.