Range Rovers Forum banner

Some Pictures

14K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  Glube 
#1 ·
Hey, long time reader. Just wanted to say thanks for the help, this site has enabled me to keep my truck. I have the search page at the top of my favorites menu. If the pictures don't show say so ill repost them .

3 Left Hand Break Lights: Cheap but annoying.

Gear Box Fault: New Battery

Alarm Fault: Trip to Stealer

Air Springs and Valve Block: If only my back was covered under warranty.

DVD Player, 3 Screens, Laptop w/ software, USB GPS antenna, Radio Integration, wiring, ect: 3 Weeks pay.
Installation: Free Thanks to RAVE and this BB

Discovering your car can go anywhere in the world with the push of a button, while 2 cute girls watch a movie in the back. Priceless

There are some things money can't buy, and one of those is a trouble free range rover.

See less See more
#4 ·
Hey Breeze,

Where was that run? Looks like you have Cali plates in the first image, and the scenery looks like my native NorCal?

Nice job. Very nice camera!

Thanks for sharing!

Art in San Jose

#7 ·
I'm glad you like the photos! Here's my little story. I used to have a red 95 Disco 1 I got from family for cheap. Great car, 7 seats, no trouble pulling boat trailers through sand with the center locking diff... Slipped a lining and required a rebuild, got a good deal at least. While it was in the shop my father came up on a great deal on this beast, im quite surprised he bought it after what happened to the disco since he was well aware its the same engine. After the disco came back he became quite frustrated with the range's faulty air suspension and was about to sell. I convinced him to trade me it for the disco, a surfboard, and some cash.

Its a 2000 "4.0" which I'm slightly confused about. It seems to have most of the trim, from what i read, of a 2000, but the exterior lights are from pre 2000, as i discovered when i got in a minor front end collision and the repair shop put the darkened 2000 style light in as a replacement. Now it looks like it has a black eye.

The photos are from 2 trips to a road above Santa Barbara (Southern California) called West Camino Cielo, and one trip down into the Los Padre's national forest from East Camino Cielo over three consecutive weekends.

We probably wont be going again soon, the Jeep in the next set of pictures had its steering go out and rolled back over front, then side to side several times almost 200 feet down a steep slope. They landed upside down and my friends escaped though the side where the door had come off. The jeep caught fire and burned completely for an hour until fire crews arrived. Both people were amazingly unscratched. It took 2 tow trucks to pull the wreckage out. This occurred while driving a well graded dirt road at normal speeds, they hadn't even done any off roading that day. We're now down a truck and a bit unnerved.

Heres 4 more pictures that didn't make the first cut. The cameras just a cannon A620 (purchased it because of the cheap water proof case accessory for surf/ kiting photography).

Camping

More Sunset

Can you spot the rover?

The jeep and a better view of how steep that hill really was.

Also the quote about the girls watching a movie in the back is true, they were unamused and unimpressed by us trying to see who can go farther up a hill or over the biggest rock, so they watched "50 first dates" in the back while we did it. I cant see any other car being able to do that.

#13 ·
Awesome pictures.... Makes me wanna jump in my truck and go safari!! Trouble is its cold & raining in Cornwall, and the missess dont like camping! I wonder if anyone can make the uk look a good as those you took in the us?

#16 ·
very cool pics

Hi,

I now have some new desktop backgrounds for my work PC, sweeeet.

Agreed on the kids in the back. Mine have no idea how cushy they have it!

cheers for the pics
Mick

#17 ·
BreezeWaveFun said:
Has it really been over a year since i started this thread?

Enjoyed the pictures first time around, remined me of when i did the Nordhoff Ridge (found very little remaining of the crashed P-51 aircraft from 1944), Caliente Spring and Camino Cielo Road trails above Santa Barbara a few years ago.

Pictures at http://spaces.msn.com/conalmack

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.