2002 Range Rover abs/ traction control fixed.
NEWS

1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2002 Range Rover abs/ traction control fixed.

2002 Range Rover abs/ traction control fixed.

Hello. I am a new member, and I have been lurking. I recently purchased a 2002 Range Rover P38 with the abs and TC lights on.
    I checked all of the suspects that were posted in previous threads and wasn't getting anywhere. I did find that the front right hub had a lot of play in it, so I replaced that. While it drove better, it still didn't cure the fault.

In one of the threads there was mention of a bad brake light switch. These switches are self adjusting and the plunger had been pushed in so far that the brake pedal arm wouldn't touch it. I removed the switch, pulled out the plunger (which took an uncomfortable amount of force ), and reinstalled .

Now my brake lights work properly, the cruise control works, and no more abs/tc faults. To clear the lights I did have to go to a local shop to have them clear the codes, for which they charged me one half hour of labor (yahoo European Machine! ).

Now on to the heater core o rings, climate control display, nav system,...............

2. Remove Advertisements
    RangeRovers.net
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: 2002 Range Rover abs/ traction control fixed.

Nice to hear you have it sorted. Expect the switch to fail again soon, happened to me just a few months ago. Think I managed another 3 weeks before it went again?

Also check for corrosion on the white plug found in the passenger side footwell next to the white plug for the EAS having the pins covered in green corrosion can often throw up TC faults