Hi guys, I need expert help.
Can anyone help me adjust something to get my Calculated load Value to go down from 24% at idle to (2.8%-3.8% book specs.)
Does anyone know how the Calculated Load Value is derived by GEMS ECM, which sensor inputs are used for this, that may point me in the right direction?
Also does anyone know how to set the base idle? My plenium screw is open 1 turn counterclock wise.
To give more information, below are the reading for my GEMS 4.0 at normal operating temp taken with MSV-2 Extreme. note: some cold values that are odd are also included.
No fault codes
High fuel consumption & lack of power
- The vehicle message center reports fuel consumption of 24.6L/100. This vehicle is usually driven conservatively and the sports mode is hardly ever engaged. This is a average of city and highway driving. On a recent long trip I noticed that the fuel mileage did not improve much even at highway speeds with premium high octane fuel.
- The engine seems sluggish and gutless. In fact on long steep uphill section of the highway (6% Grade) this vehicle used to maintain 120 kph with little effort, but recently second gear and pedal to the floor just to maintain 80 kph.
Occasionally rough, very low idle when restarting from hot.
- If you shut off hot engine and restart within a couple of minutes. It starts fine (with no pedal revs to 1100 and settles down to 700rpm).
- It starts fine if you start after being off for an hour
- If you shut off hot engine and come back about 15 - 20 min the car starts, revs to 1100 and then drops to probably 300 400 rpms and runs rough. When you rev up the motor a couple of times it settles into proper idle. Sometimes it takes a few more rev ups to get normal idle.
MSV-2 readouts / Normal operating temp. All adaptive values were reset two weeks ago.
Description Warm Engine Comment
Intake Air Temp. 19 C -12 C Cold Engine Ambient 7 C ??!! Why?
Calculated Load Value 24%@700rpm 38%@940rpm Book Spec. 2.8% to 3.8% @ 700rpm & 10% @ 2500rpm ?????!! why?
Fuel trim Long T. 1.2
Fuel Trim Short T. +1.5 to neg.-2.5
Long T. Adaptive Idle 253 steps ??? Is this ok
Short T. Adaptive Idle 255 steps ??? Is this ok
Throttle position Curr.0.67v, Str.0.66v OK
687rpm to 711rpm OK
Mass Air Flow Sensor 1.39v, OK
Current Air Flow 21kg/hr@695rpm OK
Adaptive Air Flow 0.3 kg/hr OK
Idle Air Control 20 steps OK
Current Run Line 20 steps ?
Engine Coolant Temp. 96 C OK
Ignition Timing Ad. 27.5deg 28.5deg ?
Current G.box Retard 17.2% OK
GEMS Status Closed Loop O2 Both Banks
Pre-cat O2 Bk.1 0.1v - 4.75v Bk.2 0.12v - 4.87v OK
Post-cat O2 Bk.1 2.12v 4.17v Bk.2 3.4v 4.4v OK
Pre-cat Heaters 0.97v 0.99v
Post-cat Heaters 0.94v 0.95v
Thank you all for reading my post.