Range Rovers Forum banner

Red service light ON 1995 P38 Range Rover 4.0SE

3K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  95classiclwb 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hello,

I have a 1995 Range Rover 4.0SE (USA). The Red Service Engine light is ON. My vehicle has 191,000 miles. How can I reset this light??

Thank you

#2 ·
dealer level software such as autologic, test book or t4, I think rsw does have the software to reset this light, it is an emissions reminder comes on at about every 80k miles. its purpose is to have the 02 sensors replaced as they are reaching the end of their useful life. 02 sensors have a life span and are meant to be replaced similar to spark plugs.

#3 ·
That light can be reset without any of the above tools. There is a small electronic box located in the passenger side kick panel which triggers that light, and it has2 pins that need to be shorted out to reset the light. Google it, and you'll find it with pictures and possibly a YouTube video.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#4 ·
OK, if anyone can help with how to find these videos in youtube, or if anyone can help out with the detailed steps on resetting this Red Service Engine light.
The scanners don't find any fault so there is no way of resetting the light.

Please help.

thank you

#6 ·
OK, if anyone can help with how to find these videos in youtube, or if anyone can help out with the detailed steps on resetting this Red Service Engine light.
The scanners don't find any fault so there is no way of resetting the light.

Please help.

thank you
you cannot use generic scanner it has to be factory oriented software... visit RSW's website for this software and reset tool.

#9 ·
If I recall correctly, you can go market in the autologic, then select "americas" or row" not "us" and that light will never show again. only the us models are (were) required by us epa to have an active emissions reminder.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.