HELP! Need serpentine belt to bypass a/c...
NEWS

1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HELP! Need serpentine belt to bypass a/c...

FRESHMAN ROVER

HELP! Need serpentine belt to bypass a/c...

Hi,

Had my a/c seize in a remote area and it bit the belt. Need shorter belt to bypass the a/c. Has anyone done that and what was the application for that belt. Near as I can tell, it needs to be about 75 inches. It would be nice to know what application was 75 inches. Just thought if anyone had done this, they might know. Truck is stuck in the desert and I would rather drive it away than tow it. Already have replacement pumps eyed, just need to get it home to fix it.

Thanks.
    '97 4.6 HSE Vittesse
    "There are three kinds of men:
    The ones that learn by reading.
    The few who learn by observation.
    and the rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves!"
    (W. Rogers)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Col
    JUNIOR ROVER

Re: HELP! Need serpentine belt to bypass a/c...

Hi

4.6 With Air Con. upto VIN No. WA410480 Belt Part No. ERR4460 Length 2119mm

4.6 Without Air Con. upto VIN No. WA410480 Belt Part No. ERR4461 Length 1871mm

With Air Con. from Vin XA410482 Belt Part No.PSQ101630 Length 2335mm or PSQ101480 Length 2322mm

Without Air Con. from VIN XA410482 Belt Part No. PSQ101640 Length 2092mm

Have taken these details from 2009 Version of Microcat. I do not know if it is as simple as taking the Air Con. Compressor off and just fitting a Non Air Con Belt though, or wether you have to alter or change anything else as well.

Cheers
    Col

Beer is living proof God loves us and wants us to be Happy. - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Improvisation is the Mother of Invention

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by Col
    Hi

4.6 With Air Con. upto VIN No. WA410480 Belt Part No. ERR4460 Length 2119mm

4.6 Without Air Con. upto VIN No. WA410480 Belt Part No. ERR4461 Length 1871mm

With Air Con. from Vin XA410482 Belt Part No.PSQ101630 Length 2335mm or PSQ101480 Length 2322mm

Without Air Con. from VIN XA410482 Belt Part No. PSQ101640 Length 2092mm

Have taken these details from 2009 Version of Microcat. I do not know if it is as simple as taking the Air Con. Compressor off and just fitting a Non Air Con Belt though, or wether you have to alter or change anything else as well.

Cheers
    Thanks for your reply. We tried to match an 1881mm/74.08" - too short, the tensioner was at full release. Then we tried a 1936mm/76.25" - too long, the tensioner was at full tension. What we need is 1905-1911mm/75-75.25". Unfortunately, most auto parts counter people are not capable of doing much cross reference work, other than guess and pick. It doesn't help that we have 7 rib belts either! I can't even find a website that will allow me to input the specs and give me the application. Guess I'm asking for too much. It would be nice to just hunt for the belt by application. We have tried CarQuest (Gates), Kragen (Dayco), Autozone(s) (just plain zoned), I guess my next shot will be Napa. But I don't want to spend a fortune on a belt I'm only going to use for about an hour and a half, especially when the compressor replacement is likely going to be $$. I need to get the belt in hand before mid-morning because the Rangie must move by mid-day and it's still 70 miles from here. Anyway, I guess that your A/C delete figures have a slightly different routing. But at least we both know what is needed in length.

Again, thanks for your help.
    '97 4.6 HSE Vittesse
    and the rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves!"
    (W. Rogers)

FRESHMAN ROVER

Hi,

Based on what length you say you need, you can search on 7PK1905-1911. So we now find that Dayco list a 7PK1905 which fits two sorts of Ford and a 4cyl Toyota. These are metric numbers and I had a quick look on Dayco USA parts websites but cant find a direct interchange and those vehicles would not have been sold in the USA.

If you were to drop to a 6 rib belt then 6PK1910 fits 3 kinds of Jeep, the Jeep PN is 53013209AC, the Dayco PN is 5060750.

All this will be useless now as you are probably sorted but could help someone in the future....
    1996 LR P38 2.5DT poverty spec
    1985 LR 110" 300tdi hybrid
    1991 Yamaha XJ900 ratbike

SOLIHULL ROVER

Hi

If your compressor has seized just disconnect the connector towards the clutch so that it can not cut in. After this you can drive on with a freely rotating pully without any problems.

The above is of course only possible with a seized compressor and a healty clutch bearing.

Regards

Jos
    1995 RR 4.0 SE
    Fitted with replacement engine and gearboxes from 1997 4.0 SE.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by Jos Geuze
    Hi

If your compressor has seized just disconnect the connector towards the clutch so that it can not cut in. After this you can drive on with a freely rotating pully without any problems.

The above is of course only possible with a seized compressor and a healty clutch bearing.

Regards

Jos
    The clutch also seized...

Thanks
    '97 4.6 HSE Vittesse
    (W. Rogers)

FRESHMAN ROVER

For those who might want the info, I found the needle in the haystack. While the standard length of the OER belt is 83", deleting the A/C compressor while keeping the everything else in the loop requires 75.25 - 75.6". Unfortunately, the industry standard applications jump from 73.08 (way too short) to 76.4 (way to long). I thought all was lost as I searched manufacterer's catalogues by number until I was blurry-eyed. A last ditch effort as I was closing the Dayco catalog I found a 75" belt! The application is for a 2008 Toyota Camry 2.4! It's a Bando and Pep Boys can get one, the number is 5070750, they run about $49.00. Unfortunately for me I couldn't wait the day to get it in so I took a chance and grabbed a 5060750DR which is a 6 rib belt. The pitch and spacing were on so I just took a chance. The only real concern I had was having the belt get misaligned (somehow) and jump off, but the RR pulleys have a perpendicular purchase that will help prevent the belt from getting the traction it would need to jump out. Got the 6 rib on and it fit perfectly sans the 1 rib. I was a ble drive the 77 miles through LA traffic, to get it home, just fine. One thing I did notice was that my pump must have been creating a real drag for a long time because in moderate to heavy bumper to bumper traffic I averaged 16.8 over the 77 mile trip! Almost makes me want to leave the air out, but I'm not going to. Now comes locating a pump on my pathetically "stimulused" budget!

Keep the rubber side down guys...
    '97 4.6 HSE Vittesse
    (W. Rogers)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.