Range Rovers Forum banner

Replacing LH blend motor on RHD

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  wiggy 
#1 ·
I have used the published shortcuts to replace the heater matrix o rings and have now just replaced the LH blend motor on a RHD. I could not find photos of this procedure so include these to complete the story.

Follow all the other info on the website (remove glovebox, tunnel side panel, radio surround, switch pack - the one with the clock etc) and then drill the hole in the plastic panel to access the upper ducting screw (equivalent location as instructions on RH panel) Photo shows screw head through the hole.

Work your hand up the duct behind the passenger air bag (no need to remove) and slide the sleeve which joins it to the LH face vents to the left side to release the duct enabling it to be twisted and parted from the rear vent. This photo is looking up from the footwell behind the airbag and shows the duct with the sleeve in place.

Force the duct to part from the LH rear face vent duct

and swing it down whilst easing the top end of the duct free. Plenty of brute force needed here but it will flex.

LH blend motor is revealed in all its glory

I used a 250mm long screwdrived to get on the screws and pulled as much wire up through the centre console before cutting off.

I simply spliced in the new motor and refitted

Hope this is useful

Ian

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.