Range Rovers Forum banner

couple of issues i need some advice on

965 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Gilbertd 
#1 ·
Hi all, any advice would be greatful.

Im new to the range rover scene and i bought my 1st one sat.

Broke down but thats by the by.lol.

I have a few other issues i cant diagnose myself.

1 is the air suspension, some idiot has installed 4 pumps one for each corner as the compressor has been removed.had the suspensioned pumped up to get me home and the rear has lowered on its own but the front has stayed up.are they meant to go down and if so y havent the front?

And the other is the fuel gauge and temp gauge dnt work. Is this down to becm or is there owt else i can try?

Many thanx guys.

#2 ·
The drooping back end is probably the reason why he butchered the system in the first place. You have a leak, most likely from perished air springs but possibly also from the valve block (assuming the valve block is still connected. New air springs are under £50 each from Island 4x4 for genuine Dunlop ones and dead easy to change. The problem is that with age the air spring perish so start to leak. Then that makes the pump have to work far harder than it was ever intended to so wears out. Then people blame the system and start doing bodges like you have or by fitting coil springs.

Gauges might be a BeCM problem but more likely a dodgy connection where the multiway plug goes into the instrument panel. Take the surround off, disconnect the battery, unplug the plug (bigger one on the RHS), squirt with contact cleaner and refit. Then, and only then, reconnect the battery.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.