4K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  AVRO 
#1 ·
How about some pics of P38's doing what they do best,

here's mine being worked on :)

fluid change with my brother-in-law, I'm the one with hair

See less See more
#2 ·
I will start taking pictures after I get car back from dealer. :(

It has been there allmost 2weeks now! And mostly due to, incapable crew of there...

I am quite patient person, but patience starts to be very low now.

:evil:

We get lots of snow here in Finland now, and my temporary car is 2wd Ford...

#3 ·
I will start taking pictures after I get car back from dealer. :(

It has been there allmost 2weeks now! And mostly due to, incapable crew of there...

I am quite patient person, but patience starts to be very low now.

:evil:

We get lots of snow here in Finland now, and my temporary car is 2wd Ford...

Here she(or he) is resting during test weekend, propably central lock/alarm jammed...
Happens only on that parking slot??????

#4 ·
As you've probably guessed, pictures I can always do, have loads of my P38 in various stages of development and offroad - funnily, I don't actually have many pictures of her on the tarmac :D

Anyway, three more pictures of her doing what she does best...

That's where she belongs - off the tarmac and out where you make your own tracks.

G
#5 ·
AVRO:
"Here she(or he) is resting during test weekend, propably central lock/alarm jammed...
Happens only on that parking slot?????? "

That sounds like the 'common' problem.
The alarm receiver (that responds to your remote key fob) is being swamped by a radio signal from somewhere nearby.
Unlock the vehicle with the key and drive it somewhere else, then retry.
The cure is to replace the receiver. They don't display part numbers, but the one you want is part YWY500010.
Fairly expensive, but it cures the problem.
If the Dealer offers you a part with an ASR or ALR number, tell him politely he is wrong, and to look through his Technical Bulletins, about Nov 2002.

G
#7 ·
Anonymous said:
AVRO:
"Here she(or he) is resting during test weekend, propably central lock/alarm jammed...
Happens only on that parking slot?????? "

That sounds like the 'common' problem.
The alarm receiver (that responds to your remote key fob) is being swamped by a radio signal from somewhere nearby.
Unlock the vehicle with the key and drive it somewhere else, then retry.
The cure is to replace the receiver. They don't display part numbers, but the one you want is part YWY500010.
Fairly expensive, but it cures the problem.
If the Dealer offers you a part with an ASR or ALR number, tell him politely he is wrong, and to look through his Technical Bulletins, about Nov 2002.
Yes, it happens only on that slot. I am using other slot now, approx 15m away from that point, problems disappear.
I will think about new receiver if problem come back.

But, maybe I test again after I get her back from dealer.Heard today that alternator was not broken, it works but still fault message...
All other things are fixed, they replaced Hevac control panel also, due to a/c "problem".
But we will see when it is ready... Main dealer should be professional. :)
(my ass...)

Looks it cost big money for company who sell car for me, they promised to fix things I found during test drive.
Door motor, Hevac-panel, centre muffler... maybe something else.It cant be cheap. :roll:

#8 ·
Some pictures.
Not offroading, but not shiny either.Quite slippery ground... :)

Our dog likes to travel around,there is plenty of room for him.
BTW, he is Irish waterspaniel... so car&dog are both strange. :wink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.