Driver seat adjustment, door lock and steering column don't work, ground???
NEWS

1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Driver seat adjustment, door lock and steering column don't work, ground???

FRESHMAN ROVER

Driver seat adjustment, door lock and steering column don't work, ground???

Ok been hunting this problem for a while since i bought my 2003 HSE last year.
    It was slowly dying on me.

Seat adjustment would work for half a second and adjusting the seat bit by bit tapping the switches.
    Steering column almost the same, but last month just before it died completely, tapping the controls for the column would only move it down, even when i puched
    the handle up for like 20 times.

Now i have the steeringwheel in a verry uncomfortable full down position, but luckily the seat is now stuck in my best position.

I've already did quite some research here, first checked the fuses but their al ok. Checked out the spindle for the column adjustment described in another
    thread but looks like the nylon lock nut is just fine. Also managed to get the seat adjustment panel out and check the connections. wich seemed fine, no wear.
    sprayed them with electrical spray and prayed when i put it back but still no go....

Now my last guess is that since it is all in sync going out, and even the lock is acting up on the drivers door, like its getting less power than it needs to get the actuator to push the lock.
    could it be a grounding issue and where to look?? if i move the controls either on the seat or the column they all still give a slight click but don't get it to move anymore....

any guesses on where to look for grounding issues / connection issues other than the seat control switch panel??

Thanks for reading!

2. Remove Advertisements
    RangeRovers.net
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: Driver seat adjustment, door lock and steering column don't work, ground???

oh by the way i should maybe add that the heating function still works like a champ

FRESHMAN ROVER

Just ordered a used seat switch from the uk, but without the memory function, wondering if it would work. I think the memory function should only be in the seat switch?
    this part was only 35€ plus shipping opposed to the 280€ part with the memory function (Seat Switch/Computer ( BMW Part No 61.31-7 119 867)

And since i'm already living with no functions for 3 months i think i'l manage to live without the memory functions....
    now pray that it's the fix, íll report back!

CJD
    JUNIOR ROVER

All of those functions go through a small micro connector located on the seat lower side trim...you know, the trim that is always broken! So likely the side trim panel has shifted, crunching the micro connector.
    John
    2004 322 RR HSE
    Southlake, TX