i am locked out of my range rover!! Battery died! 2004 range rover hse
NEWS

1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: i am locked out of my range rover!! Battery died! 2004 range rover hse

FRESHMAN ROVER

i am locked out of my range rover!! Battery died! 2004 range rover hse

Hi, my range rover had been parked for around 2 months, and i had decided to take it out of its natural hibernating state. As i grabbed the key to my range rover and began to approach it, i pressed the unlock button. The doors did not open, assuming the battery had died (i had replaced the battery around 15 months ago, and had barely driven on it) , i thought i would get in my vehicle open the trunk and boost the range rover. As i tried to find a place to insert my key to open my door on my 2004 RANGE ROVER HSE, to my surprise i was unable to find a way to open my door, since i could not find anywhere on the outside of my vehicle to put me key in. Know i dont know what to do, my battery is dead and i am unable to get in to my range rover.
    Could you guys please tell me how i could boost my battery or even get inside my vehicle without doing any harmful damage. I was thinking maybe i could get under my truck and somehow unlatch the hood, would that work?
    P.S: IS THERE SOMETHING I AM MISSING?! i think its beyond ridiculous how this vehicle does not take my key. Is there something i am missing, is there a hidden spot, to insert your key?
    PLEASE HELP ME !!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: i am locked out of my range rover!! Battery died! 2004 range rover hse

Side marker on the front fender is a constant positive. Pull the indicator and shave the positive wire, put the charger/jumper positive on this wire and negative on the frame. Unlock the door and charge it properly.

This has been covered in pervious posts.

How to unlock your RR/L322 with dead battery
    2004 HSE Albuquerque, NM

JUNIOR ROVER

2003-2009 Range Rover's have a key hole on the drivers door. 2010+ have a key hold but you must pop off the outside cover to gain access. i am locked out of my range rover!! Battery died! 2004 range rover hse-land_rover_range_rover_2004_door_handle_cups_chrome_4pc_set_oem_n_a_na.jpg
    2011 Range Rover HSE LUX

your door handles probably have the aftermarket covers on them,
    see if you can pry off the cover thats over the key lock,
    this should let you open the door if the side marker light doesnt work
    Stan

2005 HSE , Giverney Green/ Oxford Leather
    Aurora Co.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Sorry, I did not see that you neglected to find the key insert on the driver door handle. Pull of aftermarket covers if equipped before you try the side marker trick.

Quote Originally Posted by rcshauger View Post
    Side marker on the front fender is a constant positive. Pull the indicator and shave the positive wire, put the charger/jumper positive on this wire and negative on the frame. Unlock the door and charge it properly.

This has been covered in pervious posts.

How to unlock your RR/L322 with dead battery
    2004 HSE Albuquerque, NM

FRESHMAN ROVER

THANK YOU GUYS SOOO MUCH !! that was a huge stress reliever, i never noticed there could have been a cover on the door handles. My dad had put a STRUT body kit, on my range rover and i never noticed they changed my door handles but apparently i did. Since i am studying for exams, i wont be able to check on the door handle and to see if i could pry it open till Saturday. I will tell you guys how it goes.
    And one last question; My battery keeps dying, through the chilling winter weather my range rover was parked in my garage for 3 months, and myself being so oblivious i forgot to disconnect the battery; Unfortunately my battery had died. When the spring seasons began to kick around, i boosted my range rover and let it charge for about 10 minutes, and then i had driven it to my uncles house, and parked it. When i turned it off, and went to turn it back on my battery needed another boost. Would this be the battery's fault or my alternator?
    i really hope its the battery since i dont want to pay the labor and parts to replace my alternator...
    Thanks guys .

FRESHMAN ROVER

Dont boost you may cause a host of other problems , I fried the diodes in my alternator (500) with a simple boost . If the battery is flat replace it with a new one or trickle charge the battery over night.

Sounds to me you need a new battery , Get a good one these rigs need a good power supply to run all the systems.
    10/2002 mk3 Range Rover vogue
    4.4l 130000kms
    Range Rover Clasic 86

FRESHMAN ROVER

could i possible slowly charge my battery ? by an actually battery charger? what kind of hosts of problems are you talking about. I am actually a little afraid right now since i have boosted it twice now since i got my range rover.
    Thanks for the reply

"Boosting" is not the issue. Following proper jump start proceedures should not do any damage. Boosting a dead battery and going for short drive does not charge it up and only further weakens the battery. Only a long slow charge can properly bring a battery back to life if it hasn't already given up the ghost. Best bet for resurecting a battery that has been completely drained multiple times is to remove the battery and trickle charge it on the workbench.
    My mind is aglow with whirling, transient nodes of thought careening through a cosmic vapor of invention.

SENIOR ROVER

Another best bet is to take your RR to an Autozone or Advance Auto Parts (or equivalent in your area) and have them load test your battery. They have the equipment to tell if the battery is in good shape, or if it has one or more dead cells.
    I have an Interstate Battery dealer that's local to me who can test the battery and makes a good quality replacement battery. I've had my current Interstate battery in there for a few years now, and have had no problems. It can sit for weeks at a time between operation with no problem.
    Good luck!
    '03 Range Rover
    All Stock
    Black

X2 on the Intersate option. THey are terrific to work with. If you are lucky enough to have a main outlet close by check them out. THe main outlets often have no label batteries for half the price. THese are Fully warranted and operationally perfect Interstate batteries that have a chip or a scratch so they don;t sell them on at full price due to a cosmetic fault.
    My mind is aglow with whirling, transient nodes of thought careening through a cosmic vapor of invention.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.