Transmission Fault Check Engine Light and Codes P0736 and P0741
NEWS

1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Transmission Fault Check Engine Light and Codes P0736 and P0741

Transmission Fault Check Engine Light and Codes P0736 and P0741

Every morning when my truck is being drove for the first time of the day even after letting it warm up I go to back out of my garage and the message center reads "Transmission Fault, Limited Gears Available" and "Special Programs Off". I turn the car off and back on and continue on my morning drive. It ONLY ever happens when I reverse out of my garage. When I back in the garage I do not have the issue. Just wondering if anyone has ever came across these codes and symtoms? Also my car has no mo-jo from between 10 and 30MPH as if maybe I've worn out a gear and once I get to say 40MPH if just jumps to the next gear. The other morning I was driving and the BRAKE LIGHT and ABS LIGHT came on and the "HDC NOT AVAILABLE" in the message center as well as "TRANSMISSION FAULT, STOP WITH CARE" and as usual upon turning the engine off and back on everything cleared and I went on about driving. I have an appointment Thursday but I was just wondering maybe what I am going to be looking at cause it doesn't sound cheap or easy (like anything with these vehicles is) but it seems every time I fix 1 thing my bi-polar truck seems to find something else to break. Also maybe wondering what could have caused it because the problem(s) arose out of no where. Thanks as always in advance!
    ICYUNVAngela
    2007 Range Rover Full Size 4.2 Supercharged

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Re: Transmission Fault Check Engine Light and Codes P0736 and P0741

Your transmission is a very popular transmission. I did a quick search and found a jag forum where the first recommendation is to change the filter and fluid. I'd really consider doing this with the "no mojo" comment.

That's where I would begin.
    2004 L322, 265/50R20 Yokohama tires. "Mrs. Jones" ("We've got a thing going on")

LEGACY VENDOR

Re: Transmission Fault Check Engine Light and Codes P0736 and P0741

P0736 is a reverse fault and P0741 is a torque converter fault (permanently open). You haven’t noticed any oil leaks at all and no-one has recently tried adjusting the fluid level in your ZF 6HP26 transmission?

Phil
    2003 4.4l V8 Range Rover Vogue