2007 range rover sat nav/radio/cd on default Land Rover screen
NEWS

1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2007 range rover sat nav/radio/cd on default Land Rover screen

FRESHMAN ROVER

2007 range rover sat nav/radio/cd on default Land Rover screen

The on/ off button has an orange flashing light all the time Have checked the fuses and no sidn of water corrosion in boot. Help husband not happy !!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Re: 2007 range rover sat nav/radio/cd on default Land Rover screen

Well... I don't know if this is the problem but in the MKIV manual I found (for BMW) the light will flash in regards to the telephone (which probably not your issue) or in regards to the ventilation/heater ("direct operation activated"). I don't know if the ventilation/heater is part of the 07 module, but you can find this on the menu.

You don't indicate whether or not everything is working or not. Is it?
    2004 L322, 265/50R20 Yokohama tires. "Mrs. Jones" ("We've got a thing going on")

See TSB below, addressing MY07-09 RR (and 06-09 RRS) infotainment system lockups. If the touchscreen freezes on the Land Rover logo during "boot" and the audio system won't work it may be a MOST communication bug and this software fix may apply. Check your VIN to make sure you are within the range of affected vehicles first. If you're out of warranty (likely on a MY07 at this point) the repair will probably be on your dime, but it looks like an hour or so of labor only, no parts. A small price to pay to make husband happy again.

PS: This is a North America TSB, just noticed you are abroad... But still worth checking into as there may be a corresponding bulletin out for European spec vehicles.
    Attached Files Attached Files

New to our forum? Do NOT click here!

FRESHMAN ROVER

Hi Thanks for the reply Nothing is working ,it has locked everything out .Tried disconnecting battery and checked fuses ?

Unfortunately, I own (and therefore work) on the 03-05 model and just don't have the manuals or experience to help more. Sorry.
    2004 L322, 265/50R20 Yokohama tires. "Mrs. Jones" ("We've got a thing going on")

FRESHMAN ROVER

My 05 has been doing the same thing off and on. I finally got it to the dealer and they told me the amp was shorting out cause a short to the touch screen display unit. They qouted me over 1500 for the reapir. I am going to get a second opinion.
    2008 with lux package. (2005 retired)

FRESHMAN ROVER

Have a load test done on the battery.....
    2006 Range Rover HSE LUX
    2008 Audi A 6

Quote Originally Posted by umbertob View Post
    See TSB below, addressing MY07-09 RR (and 06-09 RRS) infotainment system lockups. If the touchscreen freezes on the Land Rover logo during "boot" and the audio system won't work it may be a MOST communication bug and this software fix may apply. Check your VIN to make sure you are within the range of affected vehicles first. If you're out of warranty (likely on a MY07 at this point) the repair will probably be on your dime, but it looks like an hour or so of labor only, no parts. A small price to pay to make husband happy again.

PS: This is a North America TSB, just noticed you are abroad... But still worth checking into as there may be a corresponding bulletin out for European spec vehicles.
    So I took my 06 RRS HSE in after I had this issue and read this thread. I even printed off the TB for them. The agreed and tried to load the software, but they said "it wouldn't take the software". After more than $300 in labor, I am still having the same issue. The thought it might be the amp going bad, but that is an expensive repair for "thinking" it might be bad. Has anyone else encountered this? Is there a way I can test the amp? I have done all the other easy troubleshooting I can think of (left the battery disconnected overnight, unplugged and replugged all cables at the amp and HU, checked all fuses).

It is frustrating to have a ~$60 vehicle with no sound and no nav.

Help!!!

So after three months of no radio and lock screen, everything came back on. The full sound and nav yesterday with no radio reception. Now today the radio has reception. A couple of weeks ago I disconnected every cable and reconnected them with no immediate change. The only other thing that is of interest is that I used the spare key FOB for the first time in months. I can't see ANY way that made a difference, but now it works. I am not holding my breathe it will last, but for now I am feeling better.

Interestingly, the TB calls for the dealership to test the amp with a known amp beofre they can order a new one. The dealership in Oahu said they didn't have a working amp and sent me on my way with no option for repair. Awesome...

FRESHMAN ROVER

The only thing with the different key is that it loads a different profile. if my wife uses my Rover, then all the preset radio stations are different when I get back in and use my key. not sure why it doesn't work when you use your key, but maybe now it works, have the dealer reprogram the firmware.

Chris
    2005 L322 HSE

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.