Range Rovers Forum banner

Air Suspension issue after valet...

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  redslr 
#1 ·
Why did I not listen to myself! I always say "you get what you pay for".
Well, should have listened! My RR was cleaned yesterday, looked good. Keys handed back and off they went.
Got in car, "Air Susp Inactive"... great.

Pulled the battery, waited 30 secs, did the steering angle reset.
Still showing the fault.

Bugger.

Open boot, take out spare tyre and the boot is about an inch deep in water. :doh:

Seriously miffed off!

So, clean all the water out and did another re-set but still showing the fault.

Anyone care to advise of some next steps?

:crybaby2:

#2 ·
You mentioned that the spare wheel compartment was soaked. That points to the air compressor being soaked as well since that's where it is housed, but what do I know? Take it in and have it looked at. I'll suggest a reputable independent LR shop at that. While you're at it, make sure both front and rear airbags do not have holes or even cracks. Good luck.

#4 ·
Thanks guys

I had the front susp bags replaced (ouch!) about 6 months ago, both had small holes in, within the space of a few days of each other.
The rears look good - for now.

I have had the lid off the compressor, looks ok. Slightly damp. Gave it a wipe down and tbh it was fairly dry.

However, I think I have now cuased another problem, as the lights on the A/Sus control have now gone out.... i.e I unpluged the compressor whilst it had power so its now thrown a fault.

:doh: :doh: :doh:

Its due a service shortly, so I think I will wait it out for a couple of weeks and get the air susp reset during the service. By then should have dried out too... I hope! :?

#5 ·
Ok so all sorted.
Local indy has done a re-set and it came back up ok.
:thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.