NWAN Extended warranty experience
NEWS

1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NWAN Extended warranty experience

FRESHMAN ROVER

NWAN Extended warranty experience

I just had to use my NWAN extended warranty for the first time for my 2007 HSE. I purchased the car with 45k miles from a private party and bought the extended warranty through Land Rover Newport Beach for $5K which gives me an additional 4 years and up to 100k miles bumper to bumper coverage. My truck now has 70k miles and just last week i found my front left air strut had a leak. Last Friday I was on my way to the dealer in pasadena, I got an HDC inactive fault and the car dropped to the bump stops so I got it towed the rest of the way. They weren't familiar with the warranty company so they were unsure exactly what would and wouldn't be covered. They gave me a rental car and on Monday I got a call. NWAN covered the air strut, labor and the cd player which was broken but I never use anyways. I did have to pay the $100 deductible, a $160 alignment that apparently wasn't covered and they only approved 3 days for the rental car even though it took 5 to get the parts and fix it. Total repair cost was $2300 and total out of my pocket was about $360. So the cost of the warranty has almost half way paid for itself and I still have 30,000 miles left.
    2007 Range Rover HSE LUX Silver/Ivory
    Now on Cooper 285's!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR

Re: NWAN Extended warranty experience

Quote Originally Posted by mserlin
    Total repair cost was $2300 and total out of my pocket was about $360. So the cost of the warranty has almost half way paid for itself and I still have 30,000 miles left.
    That's 1 way to look at it.
    Or, you could look at it like this:

I paid $5000 in advance for service.
    I just paid another $360.
    So far, I've paid $5360 for $2300 worth of service, and I didn't have my vehicle for 5 days for a 1-day repair.
    I hope the car breaks down again soon.
    Jim
    2000 NAS HSE
    2005 NAS HSE