Range Rovers Forum banner

Rear Differential problems

7K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  DougC 
#1 ·
Around three months ago a bought a 2007 RR SC and have really enjoyed driving the truck. On Thursday, I got all kinds of messages telling there wa a transmission fault, HDC was unavailable, and the suspension was lowering. So, I drove to the dealer so they could check it out--turns out I need a new rear differential. Thankfully, I have an extended warranty.

Anyway, here are my questions. Is this normal in the new rover? What can I do to prevent this in the future (if anything)? If anyone has ideas or thoughts, I ready to hear them...Doug

#2 ·
Alright--trucks back in the garage. $3605 total bill and it only cost me $150--thanks again extended warranty!!!

So, the reason for the failure was the previous owner didn't change the differential fluid at 35k miles (apparently) and the dealer didn't d it before selling the truck to me. So, I'll change all fluids now and again in 30k miles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.