Parking sensor replacement
NEWS

1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Parking sensor replacement

Parking sensor replacement

Hi,

After searching this and several other Range Rover forums for hours, I still haven't found a step-by-step guide on how to replace the parking sensors on the Range Rover L322. After several cold Norwegian winters (with temperatures below -20 ?), some of the sensors on my Range Rover TD6 Vogue '04 are broken (one on both the front and the back bumper). Buying new ones online is both cheap and easy, but does anyone know about any good step-by-step guide on how to make the replacement? Or can anyone describe the procedure, for both the front and the back bumper? My Range Rover doesn't have any exterior accessories installed but original mud flaps.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Re: Parking sensor replacement

the parking sensors are snap into place parts , the trick is getting behind them to undo the snaps. For the rear bumper it has to come off to get to the sensors its not hard to remove the rear bumper cover.
    To do that open the tailgate and reach under the leading edge of the black bumper cover,
    push the 12 tabs back and up once the leading edge is free slide the cover forward about 1/4 inch remove the cover.
    Then remove the bolts on the top and bottom of the bumper cover remove the 2 bolts in each wheel well.
    then take a thin screwdriver and working from the front edge on the side ,
    put the screwdriver into the body seam about 2 inches back from the front edge and lift the handle this will push down the holding tab( wrap the driver in tape first so you dont nick the paint), gently pull the cover out then move back about 3 inches and do the next one , there are 3 clip on tabs on each side once you do one side the other is easier as you will know where to pry.

Once the sides are loose get a milk crate and cover with blanket, place behind the bumper, gently slide it rearwards about 8 inches, stop let it rest on the crate .
    On the RR corner of the body are the sensor main harness connection,
    from underneath remove this connector from the body by twisting it to a 45 degree angle,
    it should pull free from the body then disconnect it by squeezing the tabs.
    NOTE this connector takes a lot to reconnect so make sure that both of the side tabs snap back into place.
    Reinstall after washing the bumper and replacing your offending sensors
    Note also make sure the wire harness runs about 3 inches forward from the rear lower channel in the bumper cover,
    this will prevent the wires from being cut by the metal bumper support, use good tape to hold the wires in place.
    The sensors are kinda self explanatory to replace as they have little tabs holding them into their housings.

For the front bumper you have to remove the cover to get to the backs of the sensors use the RAVE manual to remove it there are lots of bolts and each sensor has its own separate harness
    Stan

2005 HSE , Giverney Green/ Oxford Leather
    Aurora Co.

Hello again,

Thanks for the quick reply! I'll give it a try and let you know if anything wrong happens. Seems like you know the procedure very well!

By the way, do you know where to get a PDF version of the RAVE manual? I downloaded a .ISO-version from myrangerover.co.uk but since I'm on a Mac, I'm not able to read the software at all... perhaps borrowing a PC from someone is the easiest thing to do?

Thanks again!

JUNIOR ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by ThormodRK
    Hello again,

Thanks for the quick reply! I'll give it a try and let you know if anything wrong happens. Seems like you know the procedure very well!

By the way, do you know where to get a PDF version of the RAVE manual? I downloaded a .ISO-version from myrangerover.co.uk but since I'm on a Mac, I'm not able to read the software at all... perhaps borrowing a PC from someone is the easiest thing to do?

Thanks again!
    An iso needs to be burned by a cd burning software. There are tools that also exist to extract an .iso but I have no idea what those tools would be for a "My first computer" (i.e. a Mac)

Gents. I have the RAVE manual as a zip file. Let me know if you want it and I will put it on my FTP server.

Simon
    '05 L322 V8 Autobiography. Zambezi Silver.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Hello, any chance I can access this FTP site to work on the front parking sensor wiring?
    Last edited by RRToadHall; March 3rd, 2012 at 03:13 PM.

THe RAVE download on landroverresource.com is a standard .pdf file and viewable on mac.
    My mind is aglow with whirling, transient nodes of thought careening through a cosmic vapor of invention.

Hi, this YouTube video might be helpful - it shows the front parking sensor being removed. It's from PowerfulUK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89eng...VQgH7aeP8XA%3D

...I hope that's not against the rules.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.