Range Rovers Forum banner

Rear electronic differential

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  umbertob 
#1 ·
Anyone else find it really odd that rear locking differential is not standard on the range rover? It isn't even an option on the HSE. For a car that was mostly built for going off road you would think they would make it standard on all models. I was at the dealer today and none of the supercharged models on the lot had it on them. It's a $500 option, you would think they would at the very least have it standard on the supercharged and an option on the HSE.

#2 ·
It looks like you can get it as an option on HSE as well, as part of the Adaptive Dynamics (the active variable dampers) pack... And for most owners the electronic rear diff is probably overkill and adds needless complexity and potential mechanical or electronic headaches to a car that 99.9% of owners will never venture off-road with (not the type of off-road that would make you wish you had rear lockers, anyway. :wink: ) The car is plenty capable off the beaten path without them, thanks to its terrific traction control systems. At least LRD is an option if you are dead serious about getting it... I think rear lockers - electronic or manual - weren't offered at all on the MkIII, up to MY07.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.